Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Everyone, have you checked out "Fire and Fury?" Or any of the many books on Trump and Russia? I have read most..all are available on Amazon. Also recommend going back and watching "All The President's Men" about the Watergate break in...my favorite movie....and I plan to see the upcoming "The Post" about the Washington Post and the Pentagon papers.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
I would love to read "Fire and Fury" but our social security doesn't allow for luxuries like books, not even .99 cent books on Amazon. Especially when they give us a cost of living raise, then raise our Medicare premium, which makes our direct deposit LESS than last year.  Now, I wonder who's brilliant idea that was????
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud...I just finished Fire and Fury... I got mine with "amazon Prime points.." I believe there are multiple excerpts from the book on line in different articles...and of course I have not allowed myself to learn how to link and can recall where they were...I hear you about the funds, big time. My medical expenses outweighed our income BEFORE This creep got in office...now it's day by day...Just found out what my 98 year old mother pays for Anthem/Blue Cross...astounding-most of her savings-even with Medicare!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
dfcloud wrote:
I would love to read "Fire and Fury" but our social security doesn't allow for luxuries like books, not even .99 cent books on Amazon. Especially when they give us a cost of living raise, then raise our Medicare premium, which makes our direct deposit LESS than last year.  Now, I wonder who's brilliant idea that was????

I keep posting that the USA needs to fix its health care system instead of a memorial wall for Trumps ego. In Canada, a country of 10% the US population, health care is free in Ontario. OHIP is the plan. Generic drugs are free to all over 65!

So why does the US fail its citizens??  Time to protest and fight for a first world health care system. IMO

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
In the process of reading Fire and Fury. Just finished reading about Trump's first visit/speech at the CIA and to borrow Pres. George W Bush's words about Trump's inaugural speech, "That was some weird shit"!

Trump definitely has some Alzheimer's/dementia going on. Wow!!!

My book is the Kindle version, if paged similar this is on pages 48 to 51 FYI.

Again, WOW!!!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, droberts...it is a real "wow!"...there are many books out on Trump..my husband is reading a Kindle version of one written I think right after the election with "Trump scum" in the title...Katy Tur's "Unbelievable' is good and there I think are more than one with Collusion in the title....I agree he definitely has early onset dementia and/or Alzheimer's along with other disorders.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Delta Flight I personally believe that the only way the USA will get a similar health system to Canada and the other countries with socialized medicine is if someone like Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren get in and the Dems get a majority in the house...even 1/2 of the Dems are not for it as far as I know..as Trump/Creep would say "sad."
Quote 0 0
droberts
He sounds like a doddering old fool! This is our President.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts-Agreed-he sounds like a doddering old fool...and that is because he is one. He may be "the President" and "who we are stuck with for now" but I am still with that saying "Not MY President..." he was never, is not now and never will be. I now choose-while still actively making calls, signing petitions, etc.-to view him as a temporary distraction and not worth any of my (little to give) energy...it is a daily struggle but I - and we - can not let this disgusting excuse for a "leader" "get" to us...again, not ever meaning we should "sit still and take it..." Dick Durbin's candid comments recently, Elijah Cummings and even Lindsay Graham's "non denial denial" as they would say in "All The President's men" were encouraging to me...and a few Republicans did speak out about the...s-hole comment....and the insane and stupid debate among Perdue and others that it at first they did not hear that comment and then they heard "another kind of s-hole" curse word...which is supposed to be better?! In any case I find hope...in Dianne Feinstein's releasing the Steele Dossier (right?) and the Fusion GPS's testimony going against Chuck Grassley....so bold and admirable of her..Durbin as well.
Quote 0 0