Ritaruby
I first saw this story in our newsletter and have since seen in on the news....I'd love to know Neal's strategy beyond that he thinks accepting them and presenting them to the Congress and possibly the public would look "too political.' REALLY?!!!! AND WHAT ARE THE GOP AND TRUMP LOOKING LIKE? CHANGE YOUR MIND NEAL! Thoughts, comments, links?
Quote 0 0
droberts
It seems to be more than just looking too political. Neal is concerned it would affect his lawsuit for Trump's Federal Taxes to be released, which show much more information than a state's and , also, that Congress has no jurisdiction over any State Taxes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-05/trump-tax-fight-sows-discord-between-wary-and-warlike-democrats
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts thanks much for this link and this information. It sheds much light on something which honestly had me both perplexed and kind of angry. I also appreciate your John Locke quote. I now consider myself informed and I hope everyone reads your post and clicks on the link you sent.
Quote 0 0