Ritaruby
OMG! Not that this should be a shock to us....he plans to leave shortly after Barr is (maybe) confirmed and help him transition....is the Mueller investigation in further trouble now? First I heard he was still overseeing it, then heard that Matt Whittaker is... I was hoping he'd stay while the Dems are in Congress - but I guess he had enough of Trump and his bull crap and felt he had done what he came there to do...and he did. Who will replace him, if anyone? Maybe Trump can use his salary toward the BORDER WALL THAT MEXICO IS NOT GOING TO PAY FOR! LOLLOLLOL Thoughts? Comments? Links?
Quote 1 0
cpmty
but you still believe him? I do not trust one word or any sentence he say is true . it is getting tooled blaming constantly  the Dems. People just is tired of him blaming others his fails. always threatening... we are in a world of fear and hate with this man (inhuman diabolic evil and cruel) he act as a dictator, he believes is a dictator with vindictive  actions and words, what is happening in USA? NO ONE is complaining or doing anything when a crazy unstable man is in power and he is blackmailing all AMERICANS with his diabolic wall?!!! who the H* he thinks he is... and we are allowing him to do it? where is our democracy ?? he is leaving with no pay checks thousands of people and closing places etc etc... WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUE HIM or do somethings... instead of waiting to what??
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty - I hear and feel your anger and rage at what HE is doing to our country.  I don't believe a word Trump says....I do believe the Dems are doing all that they can...is that enough to stop him? Maybe not but I think that the comings weeks, months and years will be very telling. I think he is on the verge of either getting caught completely or having a very (more!) public breakdown...Many people are and have sued him...and I think that actually the American people suing him to stop his vicious nonsense is not a bad idea....not sure if it would get through McConnell or do much harm to Trump though....he has, what 17 criminal charges against him and multiple lawsuits. I am as upset as you are and I don't have the answer. It's just that when I see people like Rosenstein and Mattis leave and those around/under Mattis get fired by Trump, it concerns me. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I do believe Rosenstein did a good job and was an asset...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one if that's what you meant.
Quote 0 0
cpmty
T45 promise to give his salary to a one. Does anyone know if he really gave anything? I doubt it. He will never gave any of his money to anyone... maybe others people money but no him. So, I doubt he gives his money for the wall... and that I think could be the best answer to his obsession 
Quote 0 0
cpmty
correction : an ONG.  or a charity 
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I guess we're in for further trouble. Rosenstein had to quit at this time when the Government is shutdown. Rosenstein is only kissing trumps butt giving trump more power.
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
I've been curious as well as to whether Trump really gave up his presidential salary as he said he would.  I do know he took $1.9 million dollars he raised from his rallies and put that money in his personal bank acct. !  I would think there would be rules on that which would forbid him from doing so.  Little do his fans realize he is using them, and I can't say I feel much mercy for them, since they are fueling his ego, wealth, and power. 
Quote 0 0
CollusionGame
Some of the twitter "reporting" (speculation) suggests that Rosenstein's departure will not take place until after Mueller issues his report. That presumes Mueller will issue his report soon, since Barr is likely to clean house in February. 

I don't really believe any of this timing speculation, it is just the typical Washington rumor mill. Probably just wishful GOP thinking; maybe D's keeping Trump in the pressure cooker.

For something far more significant, take a look at the court filing Manafort's lawyers made yesterday. They forgot to redact it properly--just open the pdf, select all and copy and paste into a text document.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5677519/1-8-19-Manafort-Redacted-Submission.pdf 

Then you can read his lawyers agreeing not to contest that he was giving the Russians internal Trump campaign poll data as late August. Hint: Search for the word "poll" to find the juiciest bits.

This leak is big. Even FauxNews reported it as proof of "collusion" in a dialogue between Shep Smith and Andrew Napolitano, with Napolitano asking "What did the President know, and when?"

I broke my never-click-on-a-FauxNews-video rule to watch that.

For various links, check out my twitter feed. https://twitter.com/collusion_game
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
CollusionGame, thanks for the links. Appreciate your sharing them. Yes, I had heard the same thing on MSNBC yesterday, 1/9...can't believe Manafort's lawyers could be so careless...but good for us, right?  I personally believe that Trump may fire Rod Rosenstein before he leaves on his own....and I do think it's possible he is waiting for either Mueller's report or some other kind of confirmation that the information on Trump the Dump and his not-loving family and cohorts' crimes are exposed to Congress and to the public. He strikes me as someone who is concerned about the country. I know he's not perfect, but sad to lose him and get another Trump pleaser(s) in a position he should have had.  I do agree that Dems are trying to keep the pressure on Trump....we are in for an "interesting 2019 that's for sure!"
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm, I am of the same mind. I never really believed that Trump stopped his business dealings in any way during the campaign or during his "Presidency" (or lack thereof!). I am in agreement also about his followers. I had trouble reasoning why anyone would have ever voted for him but I feel that anyone still supporting him after these last two years is in a bad place and is enabling his dictatorial bent.  I've said this before in the forum - I try to keep nobody in my company who voted for him but definitely no one who supports him and now especially wants to talk about it. I do know a few people who voted for him and they know I voted for Hillary but we never discuss politics since the election, so hopefully they no longer support him.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now, I have to disagree about Rod Rosenstein here with you. I don't think he is leaving to kiss Trump's (disgusting) butt. I think he is leaving because Trump either privately said he'd fire him or he could resign - or - as we all know - Trump has planned to get rid of him and bypassed him for the next job in line which he should have had- and would fire him for sure if he did not resign first. I still think Trump could "pull a Comey" here and fire him before his time ends like he did McCabe and Mattis. Thought I'm sure the Dems supported Rosenstein and he's a career person there was/is no way Trump would want to keep him. His plan I believe - per news I've heard and our comments here on the forum is to stay until either Mueller's report comes out and gets to Congress and the public - or something similar happens....he will feel he's done the job he came to do. I read where he'd planned to stay only 2 more years anyway...we will now have an "Ever Trumper" doing the job Trump bypassed Rosenstein for.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, correction - thanks for that. We all do this...typos and computers..
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, I agree....I don't think Trump has ever given up anything unless he gets more back in return. I think there are people who know this but not the general public. And I agree, if he wants that wall and he has so much money, why not just buy it himself? Answer - in my opinion - because he wants to make other people pay....and I don't think he cares who does pay, just so he gets his stupid unnecessary billion dollar wall....wish they'd put it up around him and lock him in it!
Quote 1 0
cpmty
I am still waiting for him TO BRING ALL FACTORIES AND BUSINESS IN CHINA HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO BECAUSE ''HE WANTED TO MAKE AMERICAS GREAT AGAIN"" AND THE ONLY THING HE HAS DONE IS MAKING HIMSELF GREAT AGAIN, NO AMERICANS 
Quote 1 0