Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
A group of Republicans, namely Nunes and the Freedom Caucus are trying to get Rod Rosenstein impeached...I heard the reasons and they are of course ridiculous and laughable. He stated publicly that he has been threatened in public and in private but that the FBI and the DOJ will not be extorted (sp?)

I admire him so much for having the guts to hang in there and make Trump fire him if he wants him out...those GOP idiots will NOT succeed in getting him out.

Your thoughts? Heard this again on MSNBC.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby I agree in hoping Rosenstein will hang tough.  He seems to be a straight arrow, committed to the law.  One reservation about him, however, is that he months ago wrote a memo justifying the firing of Comey.  Then Trump said on TV that the reason reason he fired Comey was the Russia thing, meaning he did not base the decision on Rosenstein's memo.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Ballhawk, Agreed about the memo Rod Rosenstein wrote months ago about the Comey firing..but I now feel he was under intense pressure from Trump and at that time things looked different to him-he probably wanted to hang on to his job...or someone could have forged his signature (knowing that white house and how my mind thinks!). But he also quickly appointed the Special Counsel when Comey was fired and gave Mueller a very wide range in which to investigate.  Unfortunately now, we have sunken to such a new low that some people who may have not seemed to be good in another white house look like stars in this one...this for me includes himself and Nikki Haley, the UN Ambassador (I have NO idea WHY she continues to stay there!). Also Trump's appointee for FBI Director, Christopher Wray. At first I was suspicious of Wray not having any FBI experience and being a Trump appointee but he has shown courage in standing firm to protect the FBI while Trump and Rudy G. attack it, seems to have learned from those there, signed off on the raid on Cohen's places and much more....he also rehired Dana Boente  (sp?) as lead Attorney for the FBI after Trump fired him in the white house.
Quote 0 0