Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
You're very welcome Jason and I have also read your work and enjoy it. I try to read each writer's articles on each subject - we have a great group now and you are certainly part of that group. Thank YOU for your writing and you are right, this topic is highly relevant given the circumstances. Speaking for myself I will for sure keep up the posts, hope to hear from you again when you are moved to post. I'm sure Delta Flight would agree...I'll let him respond for himself.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
LOL  Rita never lets me speak for myself.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Jason Miciak
I have read a ton on the flights themselves and they seemed to hit a peak last summer and then maybe again just now, I wish there was more analysis out there into just what the hypothesis as to "why" they are doing it now.

Some of it is just traditional "practice" and intimidation, to this day, submarines from each nation are constantly playing unannounced war games with each other, hunting, hiding, "winning" but suddenly letting the other side know that they have been in a kill position for an hour, but that's all normal. Flying in such an aggressive manner, one sure to cause an accident at some point if it goes on long enough is not normal. There must be an agenda. Mine was just a best enforced guess.

BTW: It's not just our jets that close passes, our ships regularly get the tops buzzed off by Russian jets just under the speed of sound and apparently that, too, can be just as disconcerting.

Jet to Jet contact, and Jet over ship contact at the traditional "intimidation" tactics. Sub to sub is traditional "game" tactic and is normal, every mariner understands that's just the deal, we learn from it, they learn from it, it's like gentlemen's chess under water in billion dollar boats.

What one won't ever ever find is ship to ship contacts, one will never hear of a Russian ship meeting to meet an American ship. All Russian defenses are premised upon protecting their endless borders, (and Russians are deeply, internationally known to be, over the top, paranoid) So, their subs meet our subs, their planes meet our planes, and their planes meet our ships. All to in protect their borders.

Where are their ships? They barely have any. Ships are to project power to OTHER people's borders. They don't want to do that. They're convinced the whole world wants their motherland (go figure). So, their entire defense posture is one of "intercept at borders" which is why they do the air/air, sub/sub, and their air/our ship, but never ship to ship and never over here.

Strange stuff. I still think it has to be trying to destabilize the desire to carry out dangerous NATO missions.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Jason, again a very interesting and informative post. I agree about the desire to destabilize and carry out dangerous NATO missions.
Quote 0 0
Jason Miciak
Ritaruby wrote:
Jason, again a very interesting and informative post. I agree about the desire to destabilize and carry out dangerous NATO missions.

Way too many typos,can't believe you were even able to read my post, but I appreciate the compliment. I type so fast that sometimes I have "sounds"come out more than words. 😉

A friend of mine writes for Esquire "Politics" on occasion as a guest columnist, his name is Robert Bateman who is a retired colonel and writes for their politics blog (very occasionally) and is well worth the read.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Jason I have the same thing with the fast typing and typos! Thank you for sharing about your friend's blog...very interesting. Please keep us the great writing and let us hear from you here too when possible for you. And you are welcome about the compliment. ðŸ˜ƒ
Quote 0 0
Twayne
Interesting; all the other reports I've seen said it was 5 FEET, not 5 MILES!  Never come out with a changed "fact" when you can't back it up with a cite in the same post. Dummy.
Quote 0 1
Delta Flight
Twayne wrote:
Interesting; all the other reports I've seen said it was 5 FEET, not 5 MILES!  Never come out with a changed "fact" when you can't back it up with a cite in the same post. Dummy.

If you had noticed, I posted a link to the 5 feet distance  correction here in my  post  #4 i think.
Errors happen but we need not tell people they are dumb because they made a mistake.

We all do not walk on water as you feel you do, so please be patient with Rita.. Your posts are welcome here but please be respectful !!

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
OK-Delta Flight-I just read Twayne's post and this will be reported...for Twayne - are you being a mean person here or what? Corrections to my posts are always welcome..mean, slamming comments are disrespectful and I suggest you stop right now...so Delta Flight does not have to keep stepping in and others before him. What's your problem? Being mean does not work well with anyone and it is NOT acceptable to me. I am done playing games with you so post nicely or be disregarded. "free speech" is not MEAN SPEECH and I am not dumb. Fortunately, the rest of our members have treated me with respect as I do them.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Twayne, I also as Delta Flight has have counted up the "dummys" in your letter. Stop it now or your posts may be deleted. Mean spirited people are NOT welcome here.
Quote 1 0