Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Well, great going at the SDNY! Suing Trump for millions for taking charity donations and using them for his campaign, his children's and his businesses - and maybe even hush money?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Well, great going at the SDNY! Suing Trump for millions for taking charity donations and using them for his campaign, his children's and his businesses - and maybe even hush money?

How does Trump have the nerve to stand before the American people and smile.

Time to resign IMO
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed, DF! Beyond time to resign. Make it look like a win for yourself, Trump and get out NOW! We just can't do any worse...I'd say with another dictator, but look who we have!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Odds are slim to none that Trump will resign.  He is now trying to use the Inspector General report to discredit the Mueller investigation.  Two separate items went against Trump, first a judge upheld the suit of the woman suing Trump for defamation by calling her a liar when she accused him of sexual harassment. Second, New York state is coming down hard on the Trump Foundation.  Regarding the charges about the Trump Foundation I do not understand why it has taken justice officials in New York so long to finally prosecute the Trump Foundation, but at least they finally did.  Trump signed Foundation tax returns attesting that funds had been used legally when in fact they had not, so I see no way Trump can escape accountability for that......he is a law breaker.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, Ballhawk, let's hope that this is the thing which brings Trump down!
Quote 0 0
droberts
And because it's brought by the State of New York, Trump can't pardon anyone!

I think this is finally happening because the State of New York now has an Attorney General that is not running for office so she has no political agenda. Hope she thumps Trump as much as she can while she's there.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Believe it, droberts, this is certainly true. And I have seen some of the candidates for that job-they all look good so far-and none of them appear to want to "play ball" (or golf ha ha) with Trump either!
They say Schneidermann was "pursuing" this case but never brought the lawsuit. I also hope that Barbara Comstock "puts the screws" to Trump a lot while in that position.
Quote 0 0