Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Do you think this Republican Congress currently serving will grow a spine ever? Will they put Trump in his place - or not?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Do you think this Republican Congress currently serving will grow a spine ever? Will they put Trump in his place - or not?

No

Republicans are afraid of Trump 
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I think Hell will freeze over before the gutless Republicans in Congress grow a spine.  A more realistic path to a bill of impeachment in the House would be (1) Release of a comprehensive report from Robert Mueller prior to the November 2018 mid-term elections, (2) Emphasis by Democrat candidates upon the importance of winning a Democratic majority in the House as the only viable and immediate means of resisting our outlaw president, (3) achievement of that majority in the election, followed by (4) a bill of impeachment by a Democrat-controlled House based upon the high crimes and misdemeanors outlined by Mueller, followed by (5) Conviction of Trump in the Senate of the charges brought in the House bill, supported by all the Mueller findings and their parallel with the findings of the Senate Committee's own investigation.  A two-thirds vote will be necessary in the Senate, but should be achievable at that stage due to the force of evidence and the pressure from the press and general public to remove a common criminal from the White House. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk you are very wise. I agree with your post...let's just hope Kavanaugh does not get into the Supreme Court!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed, Delta Flight...not sure if this Republican Congress would try to get rid of Trump even if he started WWIII. But I am glad that he is having trouble after trouble...that helps me some.
Quote 0 0