Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I read today about the above.  Biden has always been really a "touch" and affectionate person, but apparently 7 women have come forward....all but one having had an experience where he touched them on a non sexual part of their body but in a way they felt was "creepy".....one with a more serious allegation. You all know I have been all about Biden....not sure if this is a "right wing hit job" or it's true. Thoughts? Links? I just don't want to believe this honestly....we have Bernie...who may or may not pull off more wins-around same age as Joe - and Trump....and now we have a pandemic which in addition to red states hit blue states hard...Senate voted down a bill for "open voting by mail" but people can still get an absentee ballot - some states with a reason (mine) some no reason needed. I am concerned more now about our future....we have got to get rid of Trump! I don't think Bernie can beat Trump.
Quote 0 0
Phaser_1962
I am not saying that two wrongs don't make a right, but it just appears to be too convenient for these allegations to come out right now when he is running for president.
why have they waited so long, this is something that I have never understood, I mean if someone attacked me I would run to the cops and lay charges thirty seconds after the attack.
Victims say, Oh I was embarrassed at the time, well okay, but you are now in the public eye so what has changed.
I think that the lawyers see maximum benefit from announcing this sort of allegation during a campaign but don't be fooled and don't forget that Trump is an expert at calling the kettle black, try to look below the surface here, and also consider that yes Biden maybe a touchy-feely guy, but the allegation is hard to prove, just saying it happened does not mean that it did happen even women come forward in numbers.
Just look at Mr. Grab em on the genitals, bragger and what became of that, nothing
I know one thing and that is Biden cannot win without Sanders as his running mate, together they would be a force to reckon with and would just annihilate Trump, the two of them working as a team for the good of the country would give Trump no out, he would be so convincingly defeated that there would be no point in any appeal of voter fraud, which is his usual go-to
and furthermore, Sanders supporters and Biden supporters would come together as they are not so much apart policy-wise.
Looking from the outside inwards can create a different perspective, pointing out observations that can assist someone on the ground who may not be able to see the forest for the trees.
Good luck From Australia, our PM may not say it but we are with you all
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
Phaser_1962 wrote:
I am not saying that two wrongs don't make a right, but it just appears to be too convenient for these allegations to come out right now when he is running for president.
why have they waited so long, this is something that I have never understood, I mean if someone attacked me I would run to the cops and lay charges thirty seconds after the attack.
Victims say, Oh I was embarrassed at the time, well okay, but you are now in the public eye so what has changed.
I think that the lawyers see maximum benefit from announcing this sort of allegation during a campaign but don't be fooled and don't forget that Trump is an expert at calling the kettle black, try to look below the surface here, and also consider that yes Biden maybe a touchy-feely guy, but the allegation is hard to prove, just saying it happened does not mean that it did happen even women come forward in numbers.
Just look at Mr. Grab em on the genitals, bragger and what became of that, nothing
I know one thing and that is Biden cannot win without Sanders as his running mate, together they would be a force to reckon with and would just annihilate Trump, the two of them working as a team for the good of the country would give Trump no out, he would be so convincingly defeated that there would be no point in any appeal of voter fraud, which is his usual go-to
and furthermore, Sanders supporters and Biden supporters would come together as they are not so much apart policy-wise.
Looking from the outside inwards can create a different perspective, pointing out observations that can assist someone on the ground who may not be able to see the forest for the trees.
Good luck From Australia, our PM may not say it but we are with you all

First, let me welcome you "From The Land Down Under" Look forward to seeing more of your excellent posts. Great job on your first one.

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I would also like to welcome you to the forum, Phaser_1962. Your post is very interesting and informative and I, as well as Delta Flight mentions here hope you post again. I think your post brings in a very thoughtful and different perspective. I agree with what you said completely. The thought of a Biden-Sanders team is an interesting one which could work I think, but I honestly don't think Bernie wants to "officially" team up with Biden or vice versa. Bernie has said he'd support Biden against Trump and urge his supporters to do so....we'll see what happens. Biden has not yet announced his running mate though pretty much said it is likely to be a woman, younger than he, with similar ideas and possibly a minority. Thanks much for saying that you all are with us....in this scary time of both the pandemic and the upcoming major election for the USA. Let us know what it's like to live where you live...I feel that at this point in time you are fortunate not to live in the USA.
Quote 0 0
Renee
I agree all of a sudden this person is now claiming more sexual abuse. This smacks that this person some how or some way the republicans are paying her. This smacks of a setup by trump and the Republican Party. I bet if someone digs into her background they will find a connection to the republicans and trump or someone in the group. Seems like there are people who did trumps dirty work to pay off the woman who came forward and had actual proof. Where are they now, in prison. Also we need to contact our elected Democrats to push to get mail in voting to all Democratic’s. Trump and the republicans have a push on to get mail in voting. The republicans are excluding poor and non whites. I got so mad when I read the article in the news. The republicans seem to think the Democratic’s aren’t smart enough to figure this one out. All I do know is as Americans we need to get the word out about anything shady going in both parties. Yes I am a proud Democratic and am sick of the republicans my way or highway mentality. The two parties are suppose to be able to work together for the good of all Americans, not just the Republican Party. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Renee, I could not have said this any better. I agree completely.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Welcome to the Forum Phaser_1962😀 

Don't believe what these repuklicans are saying 
about Biden they are just so scared that they
are pooping in their pants at the thought of 
loosing. Excuse me.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now about Biden not being guilty of the charges and them being put up by the Reugs….however, on a choice for Biden's running mate I personally - and now this is my opinion without any judgement to you or anyone else - think that both Warren and Klobuchar would be not too great picks for Biden. Klobuchar I don't think has a strong enough standing in general - aside from the Senate and I know she's experienced, but, no. Warren was much more far left than Biden which means she is not a likely pick as he wants someone, in his own words, whose views are "simpatico" with his own. Warren did not even win her home state in the run off election. Don't get me wrong, she's smart with good ideas....but again my opinion he needs someone younger and he needs to pick a minority woman. That is just what I look for him to do and I'm betting the farm (not that I have a farm mind you!) that he picks Kamala Harris, whom I think would be a great choice. He's committed to picking a woman, that we know. Must be a minority in my opinion. Sorry people but I don't think Michelle Obama wants to run. Though she could probably cinch the win if she ever changes her mind but that's doubtful.
Quote 0 0