Ritaruby
Will this ever end? Is anyone else as fearful and upset as I am? Thoughts. Links?
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Can you believe that I no longer feel safe going to Walmart just to get my medications??😐I can't........but I have no choice I NEED my meds.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hear you, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now….the key, I think is to get in and then get right out of places like the Wal Marts, shopping malls, festivals-wherever there are large crowds...though this morning's event happened I think just on the street. Amnesty International has not put out a warning for people in other countries not to travel to America because of the violence...I'm sure that is what Trump wants. I heard one of the guests on MSNBC recently - he was some kind of expert in hate crimes - and he said we can't live in fear (easier said than done) but just be wary...and of course call your Congress people and Senators...though mine are all Republican except for districts I do not live in, so I doubt they care at all. But we need to be strong and continue to hope and those who do to pray. There is now a lot of "pushback", some even beginning to come from the serving GOP so it's possible we will get stricter gun laws before 2020. Trump wants us all to live in fear and bow down to him. I refuse to.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I meant Amnesty International has NOW put out a warning...not "not"....computers!
Quote 1 0
thunderboltbrown
its getting almost to late to do anything.who would have thought we would fall so easy?
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
thunderboltbrown, I hear you and understand, but I don't think we have completely fallen yet. The Dems in the House are becoming more aggressive in trying to hold Trump accountable...maybe this will push Pelosi to open an impeachment inquiry. I will continue to hope and pray that we are all safe even prior to 2020. I think it's never too late - though surely I agree if feels that way.
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
i'm right there with you sista
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Amen to that, thunderboltbrown.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
If only I had the money to purchase bullet proof vests for me and my family so we can go out without worrying about getting shot.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
This one stopped.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50424/breaking-good-guy-gun-stops-potential-attack-ryan-saavedra

And this one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/us/houston-rush-hour-highway-shooting/index.html
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
have you noticed it gets closer and closer to home
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
thunderboltbrown, unfortunately I'm sure you are right, me personally, I can not allow myself to think this way or my fear will overtake me and it will be even worse news than what I see. It's true, violence of any kind can and probably will - at least before 2020- happen anywhere but if we become too afraid we play right into the hands of the evil violence doers.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the link, Delta Flight. Yes, I'm sure that as many of these mass shootings and other violence that occur an equal number are more are stopped by the FBI every day now. I think the last statistic I heard was that so between 2018 and 2019 they stopped something like - it was 650 or 850 attempted serious violent acts. We need to focus on these. Thankfully, Trump has not cleaned out the entire FBI altogether and Christopher Wray and the great men and women in the FBI continue to save lives and at times put themselves on the line.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Net….it's a sad day when we have to think about bullet proof vests, isn't it? But even bullet proof vests can not save you if they shoot at you somewhere else. I say just be wary but don't live in fear. The Democrats are (finally!) getting aggressive in trying to push gun security checks and ban assault weapons through the Senate...and there is so much pushback now that you may see McConnell put it to a vote and see it win. The Republicans and McConnell and Trump are now afraid this will hurt them in the elections - but who cares why and that they have no hear-as long as something is done. As the great Rachel Maddow says, "watch what they do - not what they say."
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And per Delta Flight's link, we can all help each other-defeat hate and violence.
Quote 0 0