Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I feel that Dr. Ford should show up and testify, even though the setting and circumstances for her to do so are even less than for Anita Hill and that yes, she deserves an FBI Investigation before the hearing, but given she will not get one-get the "go ahead" to the FBI from Trump (possibly because he is trying to take them apart, at least at the top leadership) I think she should take this opportunity -however not quite fair-because several Senators have said they want to hear what she has to say...and if even a few Republicans believe her story (as I do) it could not only be therapeutic for her it could possibly save us from Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court. So while far from ideal I think she is missing a chance. I think it should be televised too though I can understand why she'd want it private which they have also offered. Again, this is not a generous offer but right now it's all she has and I think it only fair to both her and Kavanaugh that she shows up. I am not planning on that, though, so her story will probably hang out there with no definitive conclusion to the Senate or the public - and a very dangerous man - in my opinion-in more ways than this one - will be the deciding vote for the highest court in the land. What do you think? Should she testify on Monday or hold out?
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yes she must testify otherwise we'll lose everything we need if kavenaughs confirmed.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Destroy_Trumpturd_Now. I think she should testify so we have a chance of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed but also that she be heard and he be confronted about this.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Well it is a serious accusation that should be taken seriously.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I just heard that Kavanaugh's accuser is in talks with the Senate Judiciary Committee to testify next week. She is apparently concerned about her personal safety given the death threats she has had to deal with. Whether public or privately, I hope she decides to testify, even if the scenario is not as it should be - her voice - and his defense of himself - need to be heard.
Quote 1 0