Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
What do you think? Should a new crop of liberal younger Democrats be needed to win back the house and the senate in 2018 - or not? Or a combination of the current and the new? Your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I believe at this point in time, it's really needed we are in a crisis we never once experienced before and at this time we need anything or anybody that can give us Democrats the boost we need to win the House and the Senate to defeat all those monsters in the White House this coming November especially those trumpster dumpsters.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I think it will take a combination of the centrists and the progressives to win races for House and Senate seats.   Cortez, the young Latina, was in a district where a progressive win was possible.  Doug Jones won the Senate race in Alabama as a gun rights centrist Democrat, winning in a place where progressive thinking would not prevail.  One important thing to remember, however, is that in every pre-election poll in 2016 Bernie Sanders not only won over Trump bet scored better than Hillary against Trump in voter opinions.  Democrats are going to need to coalesce and cooperate, to pick a ticket for the 2020 election that will motivate both progressives and centrists.   
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Ballhawk.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I also believe we could use a change in the Democratic leadership, to me the best of both worlds is to "marry" the older experienced politicians to help  behind the scenes and "mentor" the new ones coming in - on politics since most have no political experience - and each should listen to the others' ideas. People seem poised again to want change in a big way - they did when they elected Obama, some did (God Forbid!) when they elected Trump, and now I believe (most) do again. Trump promised to "shake up the establishment" (and by God he did one heck of a job doing that - right into the ground) and many bought his complete bullcrap lies because they were  hungry for change. We have to offer up change again but in a more positive light as Obama did.
Quote 1 0
droberts
I think one thing for sure, if the dems take back the House they need to elect someone other than Pelosi as Majority leader. Someone who is younger, has experience, but also more fight in them. We need more Dems to standup to Trump and the republicans than they've been doing.I understand that right now they are the minority, but they could still be more outspoken. It seems it's the same few that say anything and lately I haven't seen much from Pelosi.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts. I completely respect Nancy Pelosi's record in the past but I think we need new fresh passionate faces now. I still respect and adore Hillary Clinton and doubt she'd run again (though I must confess that if the Dems take over the house and senate I hope they at least use her as a Consultant if not giver her a position) we don't need someone with the Clinton name running again now. I am not of the younger generation but if that is what it takes to wipe out this smell that is Trump and company, than so be it. If no experience they all seem very willing to learn, soak up knowledge and their predecessors I'm sure will be happy to help considering the state of our country now. I hope they can handle Trump and Putin...and use the example of Crowley who when he lost recently sung a song in honor of his opponent's win....showing that he is a united Democrat and will be behind her. Class.
Quote 0 0