Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
Thanks for this info dfcloud...I was not aware of this. Wouldn't that be a blessing if they found Trump AND Pence guilty and we got Nancy Pelosi as President...at least until we could get another Democrat elected...I doubt she'd want to stay in that position...
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - The Democrats as I understand it will try and stop the shutdown...but unfortunately I think they need at least some agreement from Trump to sign a bill, the serving GOP to vote for it and Mitch the Witch McConnell to approve it...not sure if this is true but we'll see!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm, no you do not have to pay for the Rachel Maddow Bag Man pod cast. It is completely free. I had to have a friend download mine because I am not particularly technologically savvy - this will be the first pod cast I have listened to. My understanding is that you can get it on your phone, app or similar device as well as on your computer which is where I get mine. I believe each one is 30 minutes long approximately. I have honestly just begun it...it takes me awhile to get through things now due to my illnesses...but I think she has it up to episode 7 or 8 at this writing. She delves into past political history - for instance, Spiro Agnew is in one and kind of takes apart how they operated and what wrongdoings they did. I believe her goal, as with her tv show - is to tie yesterday's deeds into what is happening today. As I said, I have just begun it, it is a Rachel Maddow style read...so while clear to understand I think it does take some time - at least for me. She advertises that you can get it "anywhere where you get your pod casts." The exact address is normally run on each of her show segments. I hope this helps and you can get it and enjoy it. We can discuss it once you get it and I get further along in it.
Quote 1 0
QuietStorm
Thanks so much!  That is really helpful, and thankfully I have a very tech savvy son who can guide me thru the set up should I need any help.  I have a big screen desktop computer I can watch it on.  I know Dick Chaney got a no bid contract for his company to supply the Iraq, or one of those invasions we did in the MIddle East.  That was clearly a conflict of interest since he was Vice President, and I remember someone, I think it was a lady if I remember right, that resigned in protest, ESPECIALLY because there should have been a bidding war as to whom supplying the war was handed to, but Chaney and Bush didn't allow that, so Chaney's company could profit greatly, and charge outrageous prices for something as simple as hammers, which may have cost something like $150 per hammer or more.  I use that simply as an illustration without knowing for sure if I have that particular item as an accurate quote.  The point is, clearly they dodged government and ethical rules and guidelines to make Chaney filthy rich from the war!  That then begs the question, .. did they invade for the primary reason to profit privately off of a war?  Pretty disgusting if true!  I'm sure Rachel will be on top of that one !
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I'm sure Rachel will be on top of this one too QuietStorm.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
And you're welcome. Thankfully most of us have someone tech savvy to turn to for help.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - The Democrats as I understand it will try and stop the shutdown...but unfortunately I think they need at least some agreement from Trump to sign a bill, the serving GOP to vote for it and Mitch the Witch McConnell to approve it...not sure if this is true but we'll see!

Yeah we'll see what choice do we have😐
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Apparently thanks to Nancy Pelosi a lot has been pushed through....I'm not sure if it is final yet but my understanding is that at least some temporary measures to reopen the government have been passed. 
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yeah its been pass by the House but it hasn't gotten into the Senate yet and I just bet trump wont sign😐
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - the current problem with the shutdown is not so much the Republicans in Congress as Mitch the Witch McConnell and "Individual 1" - Donald J. Trump....who now is saying he may declare a national emergency because of the shutdown....too bad, he almost signed a bill giving him what I thought was a lot of money for the dumb wall about a week ago, passed by the Senate and the House - and then he turned on Fox News whose commentator said that he'd appear weak if he got less money for the wall than he was asking for....and now here we are.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yeah I just hope the Dems can end this shut down soon, I'm very afraid that we disabled people wont be getting Government help anymore because they (people sending out our government help) wont be getting their weekly paychecks😐 I heard the staff will reduce by 95 percent by next month meaning February could be the last month we get Government help.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now

Try to stay positive about the shutdown and the aid for the disabled. I know personally that it is difficult but I trust the Dems to push through this mess. I know they are there for the people.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I'm trying☺
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
That's great, please keep trying!
Quote 1 0