Ritaruby
I tortured myself and sat through Trump's 2 hour long speech during which there were multiple rounds of applauds (and a "big crowd" for him) because I did not know when Stacey Abrams' speech would begin and I knew it was after his. For anyone who did not see it you did not miss anything (surprised, right?) - and the fact checking done on MSNBC was great. One line which really threw people for a loop was when he mentioned some nonsense about how in order to have peace and unity you can not have "war and investigations." Sorry, don't remember his exact words here. Then of course he spent much time on the border wall and the Texas wall talking about the "types of people who come in through the borders." 

He also had the nerve to pretty much say that he intends to protect people with pre-existing conditions? Wasn't it recently that he said one of his first acts if re-elected in 2020 would be to get rid of the rest of the ACA?

Depressing, boring, blah blah blah - same stuff, different day. But Abrams' speech - which lasted maybe 20 minutes-was inspiring and uplifting. I thought she did a good job. She was positive but talked about the change we need. and she talked about her "Fair Fight" - if I got that right-organization to monitor voters' rights-see there Bryan Kemp (right name, right?) she knows she would have won had you not locked thousands of voter ballots in your drawer which were found to be mostly minority ones - and literally stole that election from her.
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
I fell asleep midway through his usual lies, exaggerations, and self patting on the back boasting.  He turns my stomach!  Praying to high heaven someone can expose him and his corruption, so we don't have to stomach him for two more years!  Of course, then there is Pence who wants to hang gays and force religion into ALL schools!  UGH!  At least Pence doesn't seem to aspire to be a dictator and turn us into an authoritarian government like draft dodger bone spurs certainly wants!  Then again, the GOP has become so corrupt, maybe I'm wrong and the entire GOP party is trying to be the ONLY ruling party in our country!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm, I wish I had also fallen asleep midway through this speech of lies and deceit. I also pray to God that someone exposes his corruption to the point where he gets out....and as to Pence, I agree with everything you said. I do think that the Republican party as we knew it seems to be gone. Hopefully that will not continue to be the case because even though I am a Democrat and want a Democratic President and House and Senate, I think we need a 2 party "normal" system to ensure that Dictators and wanna be dictators like Trump do not get in again. I was wishing another Moderate Republican like Flake would challenge Trump along with a Democrat ..but Flake just announced he would not and the RNC is putting their support behind Trump. I do think that there's much corruption in the Republican party but most of it right now is due to Trump.. Yes, Pence is far from a good President let alone a great one but I do agree that I don't think he would want to see the USA turned into a dictatorship....and could get better people to work for him ….but you know, Trump "has the best people" - according to only him and his what I believe to still be small group of followers. Two more years of him turns my stomach but if that has to happen and we can get the House and the Senate we can squeeze him even harder with the investigations and try to stop his evil agenda. Horrors!
Quote 1 0
dfcloud
I did not watch any of it, except excerpts from news reports today, and some of them I had to turn off early because I can't stomach his lying voice. But the quote you're in reference to:

"An economic miracle is taking place in the United States — and the only thing that can stop it are foolish wars, politics or ridiculous partisan investigations,"...   "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation," 

Lying, bullshit artist, piece of trash.

Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the clarification on the quote reference, dfcloud. I understand totally...each time something happens the news channels keep flashing pictures of him and he is normally talking while they "fact check" him - Only the Rachel Maddow show does not do this. I cant stand his face or his ….well, anything about him. He is a poor excuse for a human being. I hope he gets caught and I hope it's soon!
Quote 1 0
dfcloud
Definitely makes two of us Rita, they certainly can't lock him up fast enough to suit me. And don't you just love how he takes credit for things that started at the beginning of President Obama's term; unless it's something he doesn't like, then he does whatever he can to get rid of it.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Agreed dfcloud,,,,When Trump came into office he had it good...the next person who takes office...and I pray it's a Democrat in 2018...No Repugs have the guts to run against him...will have a big mess to clean but I am sure they will be up to handling it. I truly believe Trump is either an actual agent of the Kremlin as was in I think it was the NYT story...or he was brainwashed by Putin and the Kremlin...or both. And I strongly believe he has multiple mental disorders for which he is obviously not getting any help, meds or recognizes he has them. My best day now will be to see him GONE and ideally in a prison jumpsuit...along with the rest of the con artists associated with him!
Quote 1 0
droberts
I didn't watch him either. I am so sick and tired of him and his bulls**t!

Rita your post title starting off with "STALE OF THE UNION" is so right on whether intentional or not.LOL😀
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
cpmty
This is too much .He is unbelievable he can't say two words without lying <<<An economic miracle 🔥is taking place in the United States — and the only thing t🔥hat can stop it are 🔥foolish wars, 🔥politics or ⚡️ridiculous partisan ⚡️investigations,🔥⚡️ >>  he is soooo full of sh* every one is a lie. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Agreed cpmty. I am hoping nobody out there believes those lies...I'm sure the supporters he has left do, but otherwise hopefully others-even who voted for him initially-will now see through it all. I hope the Dems keep up the heat on him as well as the SDNY and he gets what he deserves.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Droberts, my title of the subject of the topic of Trump's SOTU WAS intentional. I only sat through the two hour long horror of lies and threats, honestly because I kept thinking Stacey Abrams would come on and really wanted to hear her speak- which I did - for a whole about 20 minutes approximately. I could not find anywhere where the time she was due to speak was listed...probably on purpose so as to hear her speech people had to listen to "his lowness" lie and bask in the "big crowd" and multiple applause. Disgusting. You missed nothing worthwhile in his speech - Stacey's was wonderful.
Quote 0 0