Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
droberts
How about Trump opening his big mouth on Twitter to attack Bezos or others that ends up affecting our 401ks or IRAs because he has no self control and a sitting president should have the very good brain to know that what he says can affect the stock market. And doing it out of negligence or spite without regard for the outcome may be a crime commited on millions of Americans.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts I swear Trump could get away with murder. He even has said so, remember "I could shoot somebody and my base would still be with me." Disgusting....I hope someone or some group makes it go away...all of it...and fast.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
A scrutiny of Donald Trump, on behalf of the American people, was begun when Mueller was appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein to investigate Russian interference, possible collusion, and a wide array of possible other crimes.  These are public officials sworn to uphold the law and the Constitution.  In that sense we already have a "class action" with the potential to resist law-breaking by Trump and his associates.  And through the words in the Constitution we have a road map for removal from office of the president if Congress decides he has committed bribery, treason, high crimes or misdemeanors that warrant a guilty conviction by the Senate.  The Mueller investigation, in combination with how Mr. Rosenstein will respond to Mueller's findings, could be the means by which Congress justifies a bill of impeachment in the House. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Let us all hope the rule of law works as it shoud, Ballhawk. Great post.
Quote 0 0
droberts
This is why the Dems have to get the Majorities back in both the House and Senate.  We cannot depend on the Republican controlled House to start Impeachment or for the Senate to try Trump and actually convict and oust him. So far, like their leader Trump, the republicans don't seem to consider the Constitution relevant to them. 

By the time they get close to impeachment,  it would probably be 2020 election time anyway.
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts, but right now the Dems say (from what I have heard) that they will not impeach Trump either. Of course there is the new lawsuit which should be interesting.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Right now they won't . I'm speaking of when Mueller finally submits his report. From what I  understand if Mueller does have proof of Trumps conspiracy with Russia or other crimes, in order for Trump to be charged he first has to be impeached and removed from office. Some Constitutional  law professionals say a sitting president can be charged but the majority it seems say no. I highly doubt a Republican controlled House will impeach and Republican controlled Senate would remove him even if they did. Maybe they'd pull their heads out of their behinds for once and do it for the Country, but I won't hold my breath. 

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts. I am have no expectations that this Republican held House and Senate will do anything positive, and the way I look at it right now if that should happen it would be a huge "bonus" for our country. I think we need to get Trump out via other means such as the mid terms or if the Michael Cohen issues with the Prosecutors in the Southern District of New York reveal more damaging evidence to possibly charge him. Other than that taking back the house and the Senate -the Dems that is - is the best way other than his resigning which of course we don't expect him to due because of his ego, even if he really wants to.
Quote 0 0