Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I have been watching about as much as I could stand of this hearing....I really hope he does not get confirmed but am afraid he will.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I'm scared too but I heard so far 2 republicans NOT agreeing (I'm hoping they are actually NO to voting for kavenaugh) with Kavenaugh being confirmed, only I don't remember their names.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hope you are right Destroy_Trumpturd_Now!
Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
As we know, the Repubs withheld 42,000 pages of documents on Kavanaugh until the day before the hearing, making it impossible for committee to review material prior to questioning the guy.  Apart from being excessively partisan and unethical, that was a departure from past practices (except for that of Garland who got no hearing at all) in which the Senate holds a rather gentlemanly gathering to learn about a candidate prior to a vote on confirmation.  The days of civility are gone.  If I were in the Senate I would find it impossible to even speak to McConnell or Grassley. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I totally agree Ballhawk. I have watched this televised "confirmation hearing" (more like "Will we let a mini Trump/Hitler type be on the Supreme Court with the deciding vote!) until some of the Republicans started to talk and I got sick to my stomach from hearing them praise this candidate. I also listened to Kavanaugh for awhile....and I still don't like him...he gave a lot of non direct answers which I know they always do in those hearings but I feel this case is unique because he is being hired by a President under investigation...and the many Republicans who are kissing butt to him back and forth. At one point one Republican - I think Orin Hatch but could have been Grassley said "This is the way we run things when we are in the majority. If you are in the majority you can run things the way YOU want." Sorry, I do get hooked on watching it but I'm not sure why. The first day was a horror story and the rest I believe is a rushed exercise in BS. I hope by some miracle they do not get the needed votes. Again I think either Grassley or Hatch kept saying "WHEN we get you confirmed" never IF you get confirmed. I hope he doesn't end up being Trump's "Get out of jail free card!"
Quote 0 0