Ritaruby
And we thought we could buy some time at least until 2020! Well, apparently not as I understand this. The repeal of the ACA would cut 52 million (last figure I heard) off of their health insurance and not cover people (like myself) with pre-existing conditions.  Great campaign point for the Dems...Repugs could say the "accomplished their goal" of killing off this health care savior....and of course no new plan....and if one comes up you know it will be junk and crap and not cover anything if by the Repugs. Thoughts? Links? 
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
And we thought we could buy some time at least until 2020! Well, apparently not as I understand this. The repeal of the ACA would cut 52 million (last figure I heard) off of their health insurance and not cover people (like myself) with pre-existing conditions.  Great campaign point for the Dems...Repugs could say the "accomplished their goal" of killing off this health care savior....and of course no new plan....and if one comes up you know it will be junk and crap and not cover anything if by the Repugs. Thoughts? Links? 

A sad situation.

All the more reasons to get the GOP OUT for good!!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
thunderboltbrown
they want it dead now and not in the middle of election season
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed thunderboltbrown. I generally hate to use the word hate and to call people stupid but the (serving!) Republicans I believe - as well as Trump think that this will be a boost for them for 2020....how ridiculous...and stupid! Their own supporters are in just as much danger as us Democrats and Independents are....I'm sure many of them have pre-existing conditions. This new development was kind of shocking to me - though how can we be shocked by anything anymore- I really thought they'd wait until "after they win" hopefully ha ha - but no, and this is a real battle. Now there is some mention of certain states keeping the ACA and certain ones not again.....and my state is fighting to kill it off.....hopefully the Dems and some lawyers who have ethics, a soul and a brain will step in. 52 million people, thrown off  insurance protection will cause havoc and you can better believe if they think the Republicans took their health care (any replacement talk is small  and I am quite sure not adequate-"junk plans". They are all such liars.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Delta Flight! The entire serving GOP needs to GO - as does Trump as does Barr and the rest of them!
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I can't believe they are still persuing to kill us all wow.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - They do not care who they kill, in my opinion...as long as they make money off of it or can get votes. Sharing that I use a life saving medical product and could not live (literally) without it, let alone prescription drugs, etc....yes, 52 million people....There is much pushback though and that gives me some hope. After all, as mentioned cutting off the ACA and coverage for ALL pre-existing conditions and other changes - without another new, in place and adequate let alone a "better plan" (yes, with Trump in office "when pigs fly!"- no offense to actual pig animals here) they will cause suffering for their "loyal supporters" too....how many who voted for Trump have a pre-existing condition or have a loved one with one?  I'm thinking the answer is many and if they think Trump and company took away their health care-perhaps they will change their votes.....of course Trump will blame it on the Democrats.....let's just hope it doesn't get cut....and hope that we live in a Democratic state, not a bright red one like mine.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yes either that or anything to keep people of color out of their way like I said yesterday. Thats all THEY care about. They rather die than deal with people of color.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I agree they don't care if people die re: the ACA....but this one not only affects people of color it affects every human being with any kind of pre-existing condition, which, my understanding is also affects prescription drug coverage. This is very much an "equal opportunity" disaster...as not all, but many of Trump's horrid acts are - and the serving GOP
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Also not being able to go to the Doctors and Hospitals when needed.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This is true, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Doctors and hospitals and any health care facilities and staff will also suffer if the ACA is cut and not replaced with a better plan...which will NOT come from the Republicans.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
All trumps ideas
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - The ACA "kill off" is actually the idea of both Trump and the currently serving Republicans as well - and likely also most Supreme Court and some other Judges.
The Republicans have been trying to get this off forever - especially since Obama has been out of office but there were so many protests they gave up....then the states lawsuits on both sides began....no doubt though that Trump and Barr and McConnell and if it gets there Kavanaugh are pushing it.....the Dems need to get more aggressive with this, in my opinion.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I wish they can all just go to prison since they want to kill everyone. I can't believe that the law would go so low in letting trump have his way. Police see a black Man on the street and automatically he's gunned down for no reason at all and trump is easily getting away with murdering everyone?? Thats not fair.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree Destroy_Trumpturd_Now….completely. However we have a serving GOP who has now become "the party of Trump" rather than the Republican party they were before...so it is their fault mostly for not holding Trump and his administration and Barr and others accountable. The Dems do have the house and power now but if the Republicans who are in now wanted to they could get Trump probably impeached, definitely make him pay for all of the horror he is causing...but they don't and won't and it's not fair, you're right. So We the People and the Democrats in the House have to do that job, along with (most of) the media and Investigative Reporters. It's a sad state of affairs and I hope that if they don't get him out sooner he goes in 2020!
Quote 0 0