Monday, December 2, 2019
Delta Flight Show full post »
Ritaruby
As I always think Trump will never view the worst President rating and the polls down as anything but "the rigged system" because in his illogical mind...he always wins!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks DF, I wondered who started "The Coffee Shop" - I like that idea!😃
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
America will be great again but it lacks sane leadership. IMO
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Thanks DF, I wondered who started "The Coffee Shop" - I like that idea!😃

Yes I did. We need a place to chat, vent, ask a question or just hang out. I hope it works?

Delta Flight
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
We need politicians that can think with a brain rather than
 what is in their hand when they use a urinal. REALLY

LOL  Can I say that Rita??  Please!

Delta Flight😃😆
Quote 1 0
otmichele
I am sitting here in a foreign land and was feeling a little down.  After all, the news from home is not very good and I am reminded of that by the locals.  I thought I would check out the Coffee Room.  I have always been an optimist and you reminded me of that.  I do believe our country will be taken over by men and women of honor and the very nasty muddy swamp will be eliminated.  I hold onto that while I fight the fight wherever I go.  I have never signed so many petitions before in my entire life, but I will do whatever I have to and make sure this fight continues until the very end and change happens.  Yes, our country is great, we just have to get rid of all the bad seeds that have invaded our garden😉
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Spoken with wisdom otmichele...sorry you had to hear about Trump far away in another country..we need a hefty combination of hope, faith and most of all action= resistance...and I still believe as you do that good will prevail over evil. There has been good news here too re: progress in the Mueller investigation on many fronts and some Republican big money donators pulling funds from the NRA and specific Republications. I hope you feel an uplift and of course we are always here to vent to!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Delta Flight, as far as I am concerned you can say what you said about Trump. And of course I agree. You did not use a bad curse word...so unless anyone else has a problem with it, I surely don't...really caused me yet again to laugh out loud! 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, American WILL be great again, DF - and it lacks - well, a lot of leadership but...the "blues" are headed their way!
Quote 0 0
droberts
If the youth in Florida is anything to go by, we've got some strong and courageous citizens coming up. This mess, I hate to say will be theirs to cleanup, because it's going to take a while. There is some jackass former congressman who's saying the young adults in Florida have been hijacked by the left. This is one time I'd tell those students that they can give him the middle finger salute!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, these courageous young adults are already giving him that salute by their actions. I read where Oprah and many others have recently donated money to support their cause. By the way, a friend of mine got one of those flyers requesting "specifically Republican voters"-hers said "specifically on it-to work in the North County area of our state, a predominately African American section of the county....she lives in the South country area of our state which is predominately white. She helped me to send it online and I sent it to http://www.sendittoRachel.com - to Rachel Maddow so she could see it. Have never received these notices before specifying any one political party...sorry off the subject, but this just happened. The Repugs are toast I believe - after the latest multiple events I don't think they are going to be able to WORM their way out of it now. Blue is now my new favorite color!
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
In the above I refer to the flyer I mentioned receiving once for pollsters - being different because this time it specified one specific party and in this one instance even a specific part of town...far from the person receiving it...I think it's another Repug ploy.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
otmichele wrote:
I am sitting here in a foreign land and was feeling a little down.  After all, the news from home is not very good and I am reminded of that by the locals.  I thought I would check out the Coffee Room.  I have always been an optimist and you reminded me of that.  I do believe our country will be taken over by men and women of honor and the very nasty muddy swamp will be eliminated.  I hold onto that while I fight the fight wherever I go.  I have never signed so many petitions before in my entire life, but I will do whatever I have to and make sure this fight continues until the very end and change happens.  Yes, our country is great, we just have to get rid of all the bad seeds that have invaded our garden😉

Glad you found the thread. You say foreign land? If possible let us know where you are. We are optimistic of our future here in the US as we know that once the rotten politicians are gone, the country will prosper. Time is the answer.
The Coffee Shop is an open chat room for all to vent, chat, ask a question etc.

Delta Flight
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
otmichele wrote:

LOL  That foreign just may be the USA .
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Please keep up the hope otmichele. I also have always been an Optimist. I know it is difficult right now but please try. As a suggestion if you have not already done this-I know it may seem obvious - but I would just stop conversations about Trump, especially while in Ireland-right when they begin. I'd be honest as I'm sure you are and say "You know, since I live in the USA I am right in the middle of it and as you've probably heard he did not win the POPULAR vote. I would prefer we talk about your country and other things while I am here on vacation. I hope you understand." Up to you of course but even here when people want to go on about Trump (except on this forum!) in person I end the conversation. Awhile back I mentioned my friend who was born in Italy and moved here. She goes home to visit twice per year and she had the same experience since Trump took office...that's all they wanted to talk about there. She also found it depressing and finally just said she doesn't want to talk about it. I am thinking that these people in other countries can not begin to understand how he was elected in the first place and why he stays in office and they must think you have some answers but of course, how can you? I think it is both scary and fascinating to them...but you need your far away vacation to be just that. OK,  that's the end of "Rita's advice column" - just wanting to give you some hope and some R&R especially while there. Also-we just flipped Kentucky to BLUE! Have a wonderful time and you know we are always here for you. R
Quote 0 0