Ritaruby
Even if Bob Mueller's report does not indict Trump - or recommend it because he is a sitting President, I know it will be bad about him, his cohorts and probably his family. You don't get 37 indictments and get nothing...I heard yesterday that Bill Barr can stop or replace people in the SDNY but not in the state prosectutors/Attornyes General. I hope the SDNY suspects this and "farms out" their work to these state people.
Quote 0 0
JacG
Does this all sound like a cover up and odstuction by Barr.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hello JacG, welcome to the forum. Yes, agree, this does sound like a cover up and obstruction by Barr. I think he's trying to protect Trump to keep his job yet at the same time I'm not sure he would do something completely and obviously illegal - and get himself in trouble. And while I think this job in this administration is a real "hot button" job for anyone, I have no sympathy for Barr. After "auditioning" for the job by writing a 19 page letter to Trump criticizing the Mueller investigation and stating his opinions that a sitting President can not be indicted or impeached - or, I think even tried for crimes, he is hardly an objective person. The Democrats as well as the Republicans and I'm sure Trump's lawyers want to see the UN redacted copy of the report...but I think Barr will stall as long as he can and try and leave out parts which look bad for Trump. Barr claims says he is still consulting with Mueller and Rosenstein....and you know  we learned after Barr's  first brief letter that the full report is 400 pages, minus addendums. I personally can not see how there is no concrete evidence of both collusion and obstruction of justice by Trump. I just don't believe it.
Quote 0 0