Monday, December 2, 2019
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
We are all well aware of Trump's dependence on Fox News but have we considered just how much that is determining his (lack of)administration's policies and directions?  On 11/1/17 (this morning) after watching Fox & Friends Mr. Trump echoed the broadcast by erroneously blaming the NYC bike path killings on Senator Schumer and Democrats.

The Murdoch Family empire owns Fox News, The Wall Street Journal and the New York Post. Polls taken regarding the demographics of cable news viewing show that Fox News has very high viewership, especially in trump voting states.  That is an extremely broad target for propaganda and influence.  The WSJ has a very broad readership both in print and online by business people and investors and the NY Post is slanted toward the Conservative reader/voter.  They are all owned by the Murdochs.  The only print 'news' that Mr. Trump reads are the tabloids, several of which are owned by (guess who?) the Murdochs.

A former WSJ editor commented on twitter that the editorial page has gone "full bats s**t".

These Murdoch owned properties have suddenly began to speak in one voice on the same topics. The real news outlets have not overlooked this nor have they discounted the impact this can have on our nation.

Below are some recent articles to look at for you to judge who we are being governed by.

How the Murdoch Empire is Framing Mueller News - Policitco/James Swartz 10/30/17
Bad Advice From WSJ - commentarymagazine.com/Noah Rothmann 10/30/17
Begging Your Pardon, Mr. President - WSJ 10/29/17
(Trump should issue blanket pardon)
Fox News Employees Embarrassed By Mueller Coverage - CNN Media/10/31/17
A Week of Fox News Coverage - VOX/Alvin Change (questions Mueller's credibility) 10/31/17
Trump Loves Fox and Friends, Here's Why - NY Times 11/1/17

You may want to google 'Murdoch owned media." to see how far reaching their impact is check out CNN Media from 10/31/17 U.K. Regulator Invited Media Matters To Testify At Hearing For 21st Century Fox/SKY Deal.

Thank you.
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
Thumbs up Ellen.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Great info Ellen...I will read further on it...I also believe-which I guess goes along with what you've said here-that Trump suffers from the "shiny ball concept" (if that's what it's called!) where he literally reacts to the very last person he spoke to, viewed on TV (of course Fox though I heard he watches other news to see what they say about him - and impulsively lets loose again...concerning me also are the ever growing conspiracy theories...it's always the Democrats' fault or even anyone who has a different opinion...if Bannon running our country now or is Trump??! (Running as into the ground...)
Quote 1 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
Great info Ellen...I will read further on it...I also believe-which I guess goes along with what you've said here-that Trump suffers from the "shiny ball concept" (if that's what it's called!) where he literally reacts to the very last person he spoke to, viewed on TV (of course Fox though I heard he watches other news to see what they say about him - and impulsively lets loose again...concerning me also are the ever growing conspiracy theories...it's always the Democrats' fault or even anyone who has a different opinion...if Bannon running our country now or is Trump??! (Running as into the ground...)

Well since Fathead-in-Chief is on the phone with him multiple times a day (they sneak around Kelly from what I gather) I'd say that answers that question. Bannon is like the devil you see in cartoons sitting on someone's shoulder and whispering bad things in their ear and Trump listens. It can seem like a ventriloquist act sometimes. You don't know what Trumps own thoughts or words really are. He just repeats Bannon's (or Fox news).

I hope Mueller and all the people he has working for him are working overtime to get the goods needed to send Hitler and his cronies to prison or the very least, out of the White House and Congress.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0