droberts
This was sent to me in an email from Rep. John Lewis:

"Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble". #goodtrouble

11:15 AM - Jun 27, 2018

***Feel free to post any thoughts you'd like to share or inspirational sayings you've heard or received that you think may provide some solace or encouragement to help get us through these frightening and trying times***
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
droberts wrote:
This was sent to me in an email from Rep. John Lewis:

"Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble". #goodtrouble

11:15 AM - Jun 27, 2018

***Feel free to post any thoughts you'd like to share or inspirational sayings you've heard or received that you think may provide some solace or encouragement to help get us through these frightening and trying times***

If it is meant to be, then it will be!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
" Take care of your thoughts when you are alone"

and

"Take care of your words when you are with people"
Quote 0 0
droberts

"Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel."—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
A word of encouragement during a moment of failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
Quote 0 0
droberts
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty".        John Basil Barnhill.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I must have missed these quotes, droberts. They are wonderful. As is your Edmund Burke one. As well, your post Delta Flight. I think we all need encouragement now,
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I will look for quotes....I  should have access to a ton of them but they have slipped my mind and my drawers right now. "Nothing is as strong as gentleness- nothing is as gentle as real strength." sorry don't know the author. And "Positive Mind, Positive Outcome" - again, minus the author. Create Peace of Mind - again, need to look up the author. Kindness matters-this is a big one for me. Life Is a Journey-Not a Destination. Sorry, your quotes all sound better and have the author to them. "Whatever you fear most has no power.-it is your fear that has the power." by Oprah Winfrey for that one. *KEEP THE FAITH AND THINK HUGE BLUE WAVE! I like this idea and will try and think of more quotes. *Check out one of our Writers on the newsletter who does a "Good News Day" column and lists everything positive for us politically that has gone on that day or recently.
Quote 0 0
droberts
"The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened."
John F. Kennedy

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I think I like this quote you posted the best, droberts. I will try and come up with some more-they're all over my home-positive quotes-but most do not list the author. I am using every "let go type" option I can as the midterms loom ahead. Our country needs a change big time. And we all need a relief from this stress mess called Trump and the serving GOP.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
I think I like this quote you posted the best, droberts. I will try and come up with some more-they're all over my home-positive quotes-but most do not list the author. I am using every "let go type" option I can as the midterms loom ahead. Our country needs a change big time. And we all need a relief from this stress mess called Trump and the serving GOP.

You could just post the quote and state you don't know who said it if need be, I don't think it matters. 

Quote 0 0
droberts

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Quote 0 0
droberts

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet".

Abraham Lincoln

**'*Let's make sure our ballots hit their targets on November 6th***

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I love that quote, droberts. "Nothing is as strong as gentleness - Nothing is so Gentle as Real Strength." and all over my home is: "God Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." For anyone who is atheist this is my way and I respect yours.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, Mark Twain was very wise in your quote.
Quote 0 0