Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts Show full post »
droberts
This could be asked of the Republican party. I'm sure President Washington is rolling over in his grave constantly. No rest in peace for this patriot. 

“Where are our Men of abilities? Why do they not come forth to save their Country?” 
― George Washington
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
A very Happy Thanksgiving to all here from Delta Flight.

Enjoy the apple pie!!  LOL

😃😃😃😃
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
upload_2018-11-22_13-0-34.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
droberts
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest."
Benjamin Franklin 

Ben said it all! 
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts
“I have opinions of my own – strong opinions – but I don’t always agree with them.” ― George H.W. Bush (born 1924), (Died November 30, 2018)

Have to admit it, he had a sense of humor. RIP President Bush

Quote 1 0
droberts
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I love this quote, droberts. I will try and think of some more...my "thinker" is not working today. R
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I love that cartoon. I miss Delta Flight on the forum.. And agreed on George H.W. Bush. Compared to the Criminal In Charge he looks like a Saint!
Quote 1 0
droberts

Take your time reading this to understand. Washington knew then what we are finally figuring out now:

"The common and continual mischief's [sic] of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and the duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it. It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passion."

Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I read this carefully Droberts and it is a great read and so appropriate to now!
Quote 0 0
droberts

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."

--President John F. Kennedy

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This is a beautiful quote, Droberts...I still need to work on finding some more.Thanks for this uplifting quote.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Delta Flight I missed the Charlie Brown cartoon....just noticed it! Love it!😃
Quote 0 0
droberts
My last quote shared for 2018 and optimistically looking to the start of the New Year of 2019 and also to new beginnings in 2020. I wish all our forum members, moderators, administrators and website's authors to have a safe, happy, hopefilled, and peaceful New Year.

"I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose."

John F. Kennedy

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This is a great quote...I will still work on finding more. Thanks for this droberts.
Quote 0 0