Monday, December 2, 2019
Delta Flight Show full post »
droberts
See, this is the inconsistency of these Repugs that I mentioned. Although Gowdy has spoken out about or to Trump before, I'm sure he'll come up with something else that will set us off again later. But for now, he wants Trump to ask Putin where we can pickup the 25 Russians that Rosenstein indicted for interference in our election and extradite them back to the States?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/gowdy-to-trump-ask-putin-where-we-can-pick-up-the-25-russians-indicted-in-mueller-probe/
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I saw this just now too droberts and thanks for the link. I am not allowed to say on this forum exactly what I think of Trey Gowdy so I will just say this about his term - since he is planning not to run again - as he requested LOUDLY during his turn on the Rosenstein investigation - about your term, Senator Gowdy, "FINISH IT THE HELL UP!"  OK? So we don't need to hear you live tv attack any other member of the FBI or flip flop on what Russia did and with whom. You are right, droberts, he is a sad creepy man.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
The serving GOP all seem inconsistent to me - of course, grant you there are degrees of that inconsistency - but I still don't see one serving - except McCain - and Flake and Corker talk then vote for all of Trump's agendas - I don't see any of them attempting to get Trump to get to the bottom of what Russia did in the 2016 election and before and beyond - and nothing is being done to prevent it. They are the only ones who can "squeeze" this President, and instead a group go along with him to the point of discrediting the FBI and the others stay silent.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Gowdy's motive in telling Trump to ask Putin where we can pick up the 25 indicted Russians is not clear to me.  Perhaps he is putting on a show to impress a segment of voters in South Carolina who were offended by Russia's interference in the election and perhaps also a segment who believer Mueller is on the right track.  But surely Gowdy is not so gullible that he thinks Trump would actually act upon his advice to pressure Putin to release the indicted Russians into our custody.  Another act by Gowdy was his indignant questioning of Strzok when he knows perfectly well that Inspector General Horowitz has already testified there was no evidence of bias by Strzok in the FBI investigation.  
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby I think you are right.  Those guys......McCain, Flake, Corker.............cannot be relied upon  The bottom line is they will not take decisive action against the Trump madness.  Flake did give a speech to the Harvard Law Class saying (in effect) Trump is a threat to the rule of law.  McCain has said several very critical things about Trump.  Corker did say the White House is an Adult Day Care Center, due to the childishness of Trump.  But all three will soon be gone from the Senate.  And until reading your (or one of the others') post I did not realize that Gowdy is also retiring from Congress. I think Trump is getting worse all the time, progressively worse in terms of unwise, intemperate statements.  Trump, apart from his apparent sociopathy is also very ignorant of history.  As you might recall, a group of American mental health professionals signed a statement a while ago that, in their opinion, Trump has malignant narcissism.  "Malignant" means, to them, that the narcissism is incurable.  The man's aberrant behavior cannot be controlled. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk I maintain the position that Donald Trump has been COMPLETELY brainwashed by Putin/Moscow/The Kremlin and his brain works like theirs does not, as well as the other dictators-and therefore he can not think as an independent person. Not that I think he was or is ever a good person separate from that but I believe that is what has happened and it is scary. We have a brainwashed President for the first time in history. This of course does not excuse his behavior, but this is what I think.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, the other day I posted here my low opinion of Trey Gowdy. He is not planning to return to the Senate and in my opinion has been nothing but ignorant trouble and I have no respect for him. He knows full well what he is doing and not only is he one of Trump's "yes men" he is among the loudest, rudest and crudest." I am happy he is not my Senator and I hope his state does better when he's gone....rumors are he is considering a judgeship but only rumors..which would be a total disaster. The man makes no sense. Like Trump only I don't think Gowdy is brainwashed...I just think he takes lots of NRA and possibly Russian money.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
[image]
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Good Cartoon, DF!
Quote 0 0