Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Watch live coverage of Trump alienating all of our friendly allies and requesting that Russia be included back into the G-7, and saying the allies saying they may break away from America.. He is particularly upset with Canada. I say watch this - if you choose - live coverage for one full day this week - I will not be watching as I don't care to see his horrid orange face and listen to his gibberish. "President Evil" is the title of a book on him...so appropriate! A despicable mess of a human being! 
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
G-7 footnote from Trump to Merkel "Our relationship is a 10"

Merkel replied  "You are acting like a 10 year old"

Enjoy this link

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1005491076453556224
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Great link, DF - Trump is NO match for Merkel!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Whatever Trump says about the G7 or the meeting with Kim will be a lie.  He lies about everything.  His words are just BS.  I put no stock in anything he says on any subject.  Whatever he says will be just another appeal to his "base," making them think he is some kind of tough guy, some kind of hard-nosed patriot who will take no crap from any foreigner.  His followers is the US are so gullible they will believe anything.  
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ballhawk wrote:
Whatever Trump says about the G7 or the meeting with Kim will be a lie.  He lies about everything.  His words are just BS.  I put no stock in anything he says on any subject.  Whatever he says will be just another appeal to his "base," making them think he is some kind of tough guy, some kind of hard-nosed patriot who will take no crap from any foreigner.  His followers is the US are so gullible they will believe anything.  

So true but how long will it take to repair the damage he is causing in the world?

Countries tried to be allies with the US and Trump attacks them. They will remember!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you Ballhawk about Trump lying. I don't believe anything until it is actually put into action and than even it may be taken away by him. Delta Flight, my belief is that another President and/or if the Dems take over the House and the Senate, there will be a new pathway back to our allies. While Trump is in office I feel that all relationships are destroyed with them and hope we don't end up in a war-without their help. I believe that even Pence wants peace and unity with the allies-he may not be good for much else but for that I think he would be better than Trump, but, other than Putin and Kim who wouldn't be?!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk I don't think Trump has as many followers now in the USA as he did in 2016. I know what the polls say, but, just as one example let him even  TRY and mess with health care, medicare, Medicaid and/or social security or their jobs/earnings again and we'll see how many votes he does not get. I truly think his current base is very small and I still think he got in via Putin and his allies.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Just saw a headline, breaking news apparently, that Trump refused to sign the document that was agreed upon by the other members at the G7 meeting.  He also made derogatory remarks about Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau.  Yet Trump was on TV a few hours ago saying about the G7 meeting that he scored it a 10 out of a possible 10, i.e. perfect.  As I said earlier, Trump always lies.  His spoken statements are absolutely worthless.
Prime Minister Trudeau remarked that Canada stood side by side with the US in WW II and in other matters, as a loyal friend of the United States for many years, but that harmonious relationship is now severely strained by Trump.  He said the Canadian people will not take kindly to being pushed around by Trump and the American government, which means we can expect Canadian tariffs on our goods in response to our tariffs on their steel and aluminum.  This trade tension with our Canadian friends is going to affect our exports.  It will almost certainly hurt our farmers.  A 25% US tariff on auto parts used in assembling cars will, without question, make cars cost more for American consumers.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree Ballhawk. But what can we ever expect from a mean, scuzzy, idiotic excuse for a human being let alone a President who made any money he does not currently owe off organized crime. Such a shame!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Mueller has added 2 new indictments against Manafort, if I understand correctly.  Manafort attempted to tamper with witnesses.  It seems that if Manafort does not "flip" and start cooperating with Mueller he will spend many years in prison.  New reports are saying that Manafort's ties to Russian intelligence people were more extensive that previously thought.  Imagine...........this guy Manafort was at one time campaign chairman for Trump while concurrently communicating with a guy, Kilimnick, who was a former Russian military intel official and was very likely still involved in Russian intelligence. 
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Another comment by Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau was that Canadians were outraged that "national security" was the justification used by the US to place tariffs on Canadian steel and aluminum.  Imagine this........Canadians have been our reliable friends, neighbors for years, certainly not a threat to our national security (like Russia is) but Trump used national security to defend tariffs on Canadian exports to the US while attempting to get G7 to admit Russian to the group!  This behavior by Trump is insane.  If Congress does nothing in response to Trump's behavior, his tariffs, and his insulting remarks about other world leaders they are, as a body, just as damaging to the US as Trump himself.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Ballhawk!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes Ballhawk and remember Manafort went to work for the Trump campaign for free. Both Manafort and Trump have crime boss connections dating way back. Some of this stuff was going on before but Trump gave everyone "the golden key to the USA". I can not understand why both Cohen - as far as we know - and Manafort - have not cooperated with Mueller. I suspect they are in contact with Trump who is promising them something like a "get out of jail free pardon" - which probably won't work on the Russia investigation and surely won't work in the other states with those Prosecutors.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk

Ritaruby we could debate about the level of remaining Trump support among US citizens but there is one thing clear.  Republicans in the House and Senate are not being more strident in resistance to Trump because they fear backlash from a portion of the "home folks" (state level voters) who still support Trump.  Especially in Red states there are large elements of voters that include religious conservatives, gun owners, border security advocates, "Pro Lifers" opposed to Planned Parenthood, FOX NEWS watchers, voters harboring various degrees of nativism and bigotry, and other right wing types who would withdraw support from a member of Congress who opposed Trump policy.  Some members of the House and Senate privately acknowledge that Trump is a bungling idiot who lies constantly and insults people but they are fearful that opposing him publicly could jeopardize their own seats in Congress.  Those Congressmen had depended upon right wing voters when they originally got elected, so they fear alienating them now.  To this extent, regardless of what the polls say, efforts to resist Trump are hindered by elements of the hard core right wing in the home states of members of Congress. 

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, I actually agree with you here. I think we both hold the same basic, if you will - views on this - and I understand what you are saying and again I do agree here. My point was only that I really don't believe that Trump's-at least current if not former-base is as large as it seems, and that the polls can be off at time. Not to say there are not Trump followers or "Ever-Trumpers" and that we should not look at polls with a history of accuracy. I just think that the Trump and right wing make more noise than us "left" people. You are right we could debate this on and on - and I am always open to different opinions or to a discussion, and you certainly have your facts right here. I am mostly now most knowledgeable about the Russia investigations and Stormy Daniels but only as it connects to Cohen which connects to Trump, I believe. I do see and hear the above though and completely agree with you about the current serving GOP-and their being afraid of "angering their base." I do disagree about efforts to resist trump being hindered very much by the right...I do think that they are but I think the left is pushing back and pushing back hard now...and I also believe that if Trump makes some of the horrid changes he is saying he will, such as with healthcare - his current base will flip on him like a heartbeat. They couldn't care less about Mueller or Russia or his crimes, but let it affect them personally and you will see a big flip to blue, in my opinion. I hope this does not sound convoluted - I am operating on little sleep.
Quote 0 0