Monday, December 2, 2019
Jwade
How is it that Trump couldn't manage the golf course down there, collected  $600 k , filed bankruptcy and then left the citizens there with a $ 33 mill dollar dept. Then it's the first thing that he mentions about them. Tell the whole story man... What do y'all think?
Quote 3 0
DRR2017
I don't know the whole story. Seems like it's a typical Trump business for that PR Golf course. Many end in bankruptcy. Now he has to revisit his failure. Sucks being President now....LOL!! He has to hate the reminder. I truly feel sorry for Puerto Rico. They deserve better! 
Quote 2 0
Zanteus
It was already failing when trump bought into it. He said he would save it but failed. He made money off the deal but didn't bring em outta the red. Trump's default didn't really cost Puerto Rico 33 million. Sorry, it's not completely true. 

WHAT'S TRUE

A Trump company was unable to save a floundering Puerto Rico golf club and resort from bankruptcy after entering into a management and brand licensing agreement with its owners in 2008. As a result of the episode, $32.6 million in government investment was not recouped.

WHAT'S FALSE

Puerto Rico had been hard hit by a recession, and the club had taken on substantial debt and was suffering annual losses for years before Trump's company intervened.

Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
Trump is morally bankrupt!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
DRR2017
Delta Flight ... Ditto that
Quote 1 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Now, after a long string of bankruptcies throughout his career, he comes up with the fake "tax reform" that, if enacted, will eventually bankrupt the nation.  As Delta Flight says, he has already made inroads on the moral bankruptcy, why not the financial side too.  He calls it winning, but the real winner is Putin.  
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
So now Trump goes to Puerto Rico and says it was not a hurricane..not bad like Katrina was!? OMG!  Let's get him onto an area without food, water, air conditioning, phone service, etc., strand him and his cronies there and see how they feel! GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE NOW! Thank you.
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
A lot of people felt that Trump was failing America. Now the majority of people know he is!
Quote 2 0
DRR2017
I totally agree ..... GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE NOW!
Daily he is a total embarrassment! [mad]
Quote 1 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
The Jones Act is financially draining for Puerto Rico and it's only benefit is to the shippers designated by the act.  The cost of everything in PR is incredibly high due to this outdated Act.  One major thing we can do to benefit them in facing this long recovery and rebuilding is to inundate all of our Congresspeople with emails, calls and petitions to repeal that act which has NO basis in the present day. 

Their income from tourism is going to be severely impacted and that will bring on more debt.  Congress needs to do what is necessary to get them back to a new and financially stable "square one."  I continually implore my Congresspeople to KILL THE WALL and put the money on digging Puerto Rico out of debt.  Imbecile trump shouts his "America First" while demeaning the Americans of Puerto Rico.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Ellen, I did not know anything about this act. I will certainly contact my Congress people in the RED STATE of Missouri where I live (well, not ALL red we have about 2,000 people in for the Women's March) ...but I doubt they will do anything. Did you - did everyone - see the news about the disaster of Trump's visit to Puerto Rico? Throwing rolls of paper towels out at the crowd and saying "everybody is having a good time?!" Also comparing it to Katrina and saying it was so much smaller....I don't think we could do worse as a President...unless we elected Bannon or Puttin and in my opinion we have-in the form of Trump!
Quote 1 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Ritaruby: Hi, I love the "show me" state.  I spent several years there and the Missouri folk actually slowed this New Yorker down!  Yes, the Trump visit was another disgraceful episode of crassness but I love San Juan's Mayor.  You might get more response from Congress than you expect because they a sweating under their loss of legislation, their low approval rating, the 2018 midterms and the latest Democrat victories in previous red areas.  Anyway, we never lose in speaking out, even if they don't respond, the act itself makes us stronger.  They can't shut us up!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
You are so right Ellen! They will never shut us up....and let's hope we have an effect. We can use our voting power...as long as it is not "gerrymandered!" Let's continue to speak out!
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/politics/donald-trump-puerto-rico-tweets/index.html

Will Trump abandon Puerto Rico ?

POS president!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
th (12).jpg 

Puerto Rico has very little faith in Trump. Can we blame them?
Quote 1 0