Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Do we know who is polling well there? I heard Mayor Pete. Thoughts? Links?
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Of course I meant IOWA....computers!
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Well boo hoo hooey for the monster and I 
really don't think voters should consider
voting for pete because he doesn't agree
with medicare for all and immigration
reform so to me its a major blow to me
and it should for everybody else😐he's
acting so repuklican and its very disturbing.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
And not only that, he's also taking donations
from mega donors as well like the 
republimonsters.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I agree with you about Mayor Pete. I don't understand why he is polling the best so far in Iowa. I heard they liked Biden there until he mentioned he is pro-abortion (either completely or in certain cases)...but then again, I believe Mayor Pete is too. My bet is that Mayor Pete does not get the nomination. But if he does we need to support him and hope he can get Trump out...we need to support whichever Democrat gets the nomination. Literally a life or death moment for us individually and for our democracy...and I am not being dramatic in saying that for anyone (not you but others) who may think I am.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yes but I still need my medical 
benefits without them I'll die so
I will not support or vote for
Buttigieg, he mind as well be
a trumplican.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Agreed, I hear you. I could not live without my life saving medicine either.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
UnDemocratic and inhuman of pete to let us 
die.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed again, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now. I don't understand why Mayor Pete is (or was?) polling well in Iowa.
Quote 0 0
Renee
I wholeheartedly agree that if we don’t get help soon those of us are sick with long term illnesses will be so severely hurt. The mayor needs to go back to South Bend and clean up the mess he left. I can’t even see him getting the pick. I think our best chance is to get Sanders ( my pick) or Biden as the candidates most likely to give trump an honest run. As usual trump will whine and lie but Sanders has the backing of a lot of young people. They are the next generation who will be involved in running our government. They can’t be wrong, I put my faith in the young people. It is going to be the young voters that will put us over the top.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree in principle with all that you post here, but not necessarily in practice. I agree that the young people need to be involved and Sanders sure does a great job of getting them excited-along with AOC's support. But this election is SO about electability. In my mind, this election is so different because no matter how much money someone raises or how well they poll, how many people like them and their ideas, etc.-if they can not beat Trump it is all useless. It will be, I believe VERY difficult to beat Trump because he and the serving and campaign & admin Repugs cheat and get foreign help and the Democrats will not cheat and lie and get foreign help. However, among the top contenders my pick is and has always been Biden. It is very apparent that Trump is mostly afraid of him and I personally think he has the best chance to beat Trump. I agree with you about Mayor Pete. I believe everyone should vote their choice but in this election I might not vote for the person I like the best but the one who I think has a chance at winning over Trump(though I do like Biden, I confess).
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
In a way also I see this election, especially the run-off among the Democratic candidates as being about "past versus future." Young people (and not all, this is a generalization) seem to favor Sanders and Biden and some of us older folk-showing age here-feel from Biden a back-to-the-Obama-era glow as in let's put things back together before we take them apart. While I welcome new young fresh ideas and think they are important, I believe now we need someone who has experience (yes, I know Bernie does too but...) and knows how to play 
the game - and after we hopefully save our democracy and get it back then we can look to people who are change makers big time.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And one more thing for Renee and for everyone, yes, I can totally identify with the fear of our healthcare being taken away. It will either get better with a Democratic President or we should move if we don't want to die. Sounds harsh, but I think it is reality (I meant move like to Canada or somewhere which has socialized medicine).
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I believe his high numbers are because he
has a high number of LGBTQ people
supporting him all because he's gay and
wants to defend equal rights for the LGBTQ
community thats all I think they care about.
Nothing about healthcare, climate change,
taking money out of politics, immigration
reform etc.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I assume you are talking about Mayor Pete.
Quote 0 0