Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Well folks, it's happened. I guess keeping his promise to the (dwindling I think) base and wanting money for that Border Wall and to pay back Putin or whatever - Trump has officially and immediately pulled the plug on health care. This, if I understand it correctly, will cause all insurance premiums to skyrocket and many with pre-existing conditions-myself and millions of others-to possibly lose or get less coverage. Cuts also were made to Medicare and Medicaid, effective immediately. I read that two states' suits went to court-New Mexico and Massachusetts. In MA the judge ruled in favor of keeping the ACA if I have this right-and in New Mexico-ruled against it. If anyone has a link, please post if, correct me if you have read something different. I knew this would happen but fooled myself into thinking he might wait until after the midterms. STINKING SKUNK OF A MAN BABY "RULER". DICTATOR ALERT! Your information and thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Goodbye medicaid I hope I don't get so sick and die. My Mom's medicare will be gone and there won't be anyway to manage her diabetes and high blood pressure unless we move to Mexico or something.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
What I wonder is when these actions by Trump, including attacks to destroy ACA, will finally make the Trump "base" realize they were conned by a con artist.  His core of supporters must surely be the most gullible people on the face of the earth.  It seems like they are so fixed on particular issues (guns for everybody, outlawing abortions, etc.) that they either excuse Trump's terrible policies or do not see them.  The "trade war" is a particularly serious threat to average working Americans, as many articles are now appearing which say we are going to lose more jobs than we gain by our tariffs on steel and aluminum and the resulting reciprocal tariffs by other countries.  General Motors sent a letter to Trump outlining all the ways his policies will be harmful to the U.S. auto industry. One of the best ways to understand the economic harm to our society by Trump is to read op-ed columnist Paul Krugman in the New York Times, especially his op-eds of the past few days. Krugman won a Nobel Prize in economics for his studies in international trade, so he is exceptionally knowledgeable on the subject. 
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ballhawk wrote:
What I wonder is when these actions by Trump, including attacks to destroy ACA, will finally make the Trump "base" realize they were conned by a con artist.  His core of supporters must surely be the most gullible people on the face of the earth.  It seems like they are so fixed on particular issues (guns for everybody, outlawing abortions, etc.) that they either excuse Trump's terrible policies or do not see them.  The "trade war" is a particularly serious threat to average working Americans, as many articles are now appearing which say we are going to lose more jobs than we gain by our tariffs on steel and aluminum and the resulting reciprocal tariffs by other countries.  General Motors sent a letter to Trump outlining all the ways his policies will be harmful to the U.S. auto industry. One of the best ways to understand the economic harm to our society by Trump is to read op-ed columnist Paul Krugman in the New York Times, especially his op-eds of the past few days. Krugman won a Nobel Prize in economics for his studies in international trade, so he is exceptionally knowledgeable on the subject. 

Trump supporters are uneducated republican Cultist who are incapable of rational thought!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I agree they are a cult.  The "cult of personality" of a single leader characterized several movements in history, Hitler and Mao among them.  Some are reliant upon scapegoating, such as Hitler's casting blame on the Jews and Trump's targeting of minority immigrants.  Others endow the supreme leader with divine-like qualities, such as Kim in North Korea.  Others attribute impeccably superior knowledge to a single leader, as in the case of Mao in China.  All justify authoritarianism and disdain democracy.  The Trump cult bears similarities to others, virtual worship of an individual considered to be above all citizen reasoning.  Trump is a threat to our established democratic norms and the rule of law.  
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ballhawk wrote:
I agree they are a cult.  The "cult of personality" of a single leader characterized several movements in history, Hitler and Mao among them.  Some are reliant upon scapegoating, such as Hitler's casting blame on the Jews and Trump's targeting of minority immigrants.  Others endow the supreme leader with divine-like qualities, such as Kim in North Korea.  Others attribute impeccably superior knowledge to a single leader, as in the case of Mao in China.  All justify authoritarianism and disdain democracy.  The Trump cult bears similarities to others, virtual worship of an individual considered to be above all citizen reasoning.  Trump is a threat to our established democratic norms and the rule of law.  

AKA    a Dictator??
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Again you have politically educated me-for the most part, some of it I already knew-about cults in the past and I also agree-Trump and his administration have all the appearances of a cult...and yes, I agree with you and DF that he is a DICTATOR.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, Ballhawk again I agree with you about Trump supporters. As to your question of wondering when all the damage Trump is doing will "hit home" to them - I am guessing it is just beginning to now, first with the tariffs and how Trump mishandled all matters financial to his own and probably Putin's personal gain-they are already feeling it-some of them-by job loss or less business, now comes health care. Even the strongest Trump supporter my guess is needs good quality health care (He PROMSISED to make a BETTER plan than the ACA and not make cuts anywhere else and they bought this lie/line. remember?) so in the Medicare, Medicaid and pre-existing conditions and healthcare cuts in general - there and for jobs is where I see some of them potentially turning away from him. Most of them don't care about immigration, possibly even loss of birth control, all the lies he tells, etc.-for them they will take notice when it hits them and their families directly-jobs and healthcare ranking in general among the issues most Americans care about most, especially those who voted for Trump. They could care less if Mueller, Sessions or Rosenstein are fired tomorrow but if they lose their health care (and Trump mumbles about making a better plan....I would not count on that if I am them.) As we've seen he "gutted" the ACA without even bothering to offer any kind of even crappy replacement. So farmers, coal workers and many others-who are affected by jobs or health care cuts could vote the other way...if their loved one gets kicked out of a Nursing home because they lost Medicaid...then it all becomes real to them and they know who is doing it....It is beginning right now that I don't know if Trump's (and to me this is a dangerous threat in and of itself) claim that if he shot someone his base would stay with him and do nothing but vote him in again...not when it starts to "live" in their own lives....unless they are die hard KKK people or ultra rich.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now- I hear you. My mom is in a Nursing home on Medicaid-just got accepted for it too...and without my medical needs I would not live...Trump says he may cut the other entitlement programs which would affect my husband's job...so we have one foot in the bright red state we live in and one ready to bolt...should his job be affected-it's a non profit-and/or our insurances and my mom's care. I was hoping he would wait for it to go into effect until after mid terms but no, he is even making it retro active so that they are not paying insurers beginning with claims in 2017 still pending as well as now and in the future. Obviously none of them need care or if so have the (sorry-stolen) money to pay for it. "SAD."
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
😐 then I hope if we win in November, all of the help that monster took from us, will be reinstated.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I think you can be certain that if the Democrats win back, especially both the House and the Senate or maybe even one, health care "fixing" will be one of their top priorities. Unfortunately they will have a horrid mess on all fronts to undue in that case but they are for the American people so I am comfortable in saying this.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yeah its not going to be easy.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Did any of you read this on the website. It seems we are headed towards Federalism. The states would end up probably being responsible for Medicare, Medicaid and even possibly Social Security, if they decide to enact them. And alot more change. Not sure all of Trump's base knew about this, are they in for a surprise.

https://thetrumpimpeachment.com/the-end-of-the-united-states-as-you-know-it/
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I read this on the website, droberts! scary!
Quote 0 0