Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
OMG! How bold can a jerk get? The news said things would "heat up" this summer and now that Mueller is pretty much right on Trump....here we go again. Will the Republicans gain some spine/backbone now-or not? And what about Rosenstein? Tweets all over the place by Trump this We am giving Sessions the order to do this. Links? Thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk

Trump's new pressure on Attorney General Sessions, demanding that he end the Mueller investigation now, is further evidence of an intent to obstruct justice.  Trump and his followers ignore the fact that Mueller has gotten over 30 indictments, 5 guilty pleas, has Manfort in the clink and on trials, and has Cohen singing.  The only people who give credibility to Trump's rants and tweets are his brain-dead sycophants.  I think an IQ of 40 or below is necessary for anyone to actually believe the Mueller investigation is only a partisan "witch hunt."  Yet Trump keeps repeating the witch hunt line, apparently knowing his delusional followers will accept it as reality.
Giuliani is saying "collusion" does not appear in the US legal code, suggesting its absence means something.  Anyone with an ounce of intellect would know that Mueller is fully aware of the contents of US Code, Title 18. Mueller will bring charges based on the exact wording of the statute, of course.  "Conspiracy to defraud the United States" might be the term used in the eventual charges, not "collusion."  Only fools and ignoramuses would think that Mueller's team would charge somebody for violation of a term that does not exist in the Code. 

Quote 0 0
Ballhawk

A commentator on Rachel Maddow show today said that "collusion" and "conspiracy" mean about the same thing but that the term "conspiracy" does appear in US Code, Title 18 (criminal acts).  Also, the evidence of obstruction does seem to be building, in part because Mueller now has testimony that Trump knew about the charges against Flynn prior to the time he begged Comey to drop the case against Flynn.  That was unquestionably an attempt to obstruct justice. 

Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I don't believe sessions will do jack to Mr. Mueller otherwise they would of had Mr. Rosenstein impeached by now ,which is something we strong Democrats are avoiding.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, agreed Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Almost immediately after Trump tweeted this out they said he meant Sessions "should" recuse himself from the Mueller investigation/Russia issues not that he "must." One of his not so top notch Attorneys must have told him to put that out there. I believe Trump likes to rile everyone up and keep them off balance - like a dictator - he is learning from Putin especially - and keep his ignorant name in the news with "shock" headlines. I'll admit it did get to me at first-but not now.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, yes, I think Trump is panicking and I heard the same thing you heard. Per my reply above to Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I don't think we will see Mueller gone, although they say he plans to not be active during the elections - either have his report out before or right after. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk I also agree with hour assessment of the threatening of Sessions and Trump's guilt.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Yes, agreed Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Almost immediately after Trump tweeted this out they said he meant Sessions "should" recuse himself from the Mueller investigation/Russia issues not that he "must." One of his not so top notch Attorneys must have told him to put that out there. I believe Trump likes to rile everyone up and keep them off balance - like a dictator - he is learning from Putin especially - and keep his ignorant name in the news with "shock" headlines. I'll admit it did get to me at first-but not now.

Yeah I'm not really concerned but then trump still wants Mr. Mueller gone even though Mr. Mueller would NOT leave us in the hands of those monsters which I hope I won't end up wrong.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, Mueller which I'm sure you know has also "farmed out" lots of these serious cases involving finances to other Prosecutors like the SDNY. Not only do I believe he did that because they did not (directly anyway) connect with the Russia issue (although any person with a brain knows they do!) but I believe he did so so that if somehow he can't get Trump on his own after his what I'm sure will be a damming report comes out - maybe one or more of these prosecutors can....especially if they keep Brett Kavanaugh off the Supreme Court!
Quote 0 0