otmichele
I have signed, what feels like a million petitions for numerous topics all related to taking down Trump and his blindly following cohorts.  Now that he has taken down the website, it is more important that we get the word out.  Protesting in person and writing to our congressmen, senators etc.  Keep up the good work out there and go high!!!!!!!!
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I will surely keep signing petitions and calling, trumpturd isn't going to stop me.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
otmichele and Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - otmichele he took down our website??? I just sent a message to our Editor...I guess "new neutrality" gutted allows him to do this? Read my mind about what I am thinking of him....and yes, both of you let's not let that stop us!!
Quote 2 0
Ritaruby
OMG Keep signing!
Quote 0 0
Animal Lover
Is that legal for him to do that. I have also signed every petition that I have come across that is impeachment petitions and some other petitions involving other evil and illegal things this idiot is trying to do to hurt not only our country but the world.  I will keep on signing even if I have to write letters to government officials telling them how evil this nut is.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Animal Lover I don't know if it is legal for Trump and his people to take down the website or not....but now with the net neutrality law "gutted" he possibly can. So far he has not touched the newsletter or the forum but I have messaged our Editor...perhaps we can put it back up under a different name. I completely agree with you and I sign every petition to get Trump out of office really any way we can. I can't think of many people who would do worse...every day it gets worse but we have to keep up and prevail. They did a recount in a Virginia election and a woman Democrat won by one point...I'm not sure if it was for Governor or not but know it was/is a big deal. And per the article our Editor put in today's newsletter Mueller is "playing his cards right"-I believe he planned for Trump's firing him and/or trying to stop his team/the Russia investigations as they get closer to him-to Trump...probably the day Rod Rosenstein appointed him!
Quote 0 0
droberts
The petition website that was taken down was the Whitehouse's website. So I'd say yes he can take it down. Net Neutrality had nothing to do with it. It seems to be temporary. Suppose to be back up in January. Cost savings is reason. Suppose to reinstate all petitions.???and signatures. Obama started this in 2011, you know how Trump likes to mess with anything Obama.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the info droberts. I personally was completely unaware of this.
Quote 0 0
ursulafaw
I must admit to confusion on this topic. WHAT website did Trump take down? He has no ability to take down a Democratic website and we as Democrats still have the right to get our petitions around, via the internet, by hand, whatever.

Sorry, I'm lost. Can somebody enlighten me?
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ursulafaw, According to droberts and also our Editor because I contacted him before seeing her post, it is Whitehouse's/government's website which has nothing to do with net neutrality. droberts says in her post it's supposed to be back up in January-since it is the Whitehouse's they both say Trump has a right to take it down due to some sort of cost savings reason. Scroll up to droberts's post and read that - and I was told this when it first came up from our Editor. The website is now down, our newsletter and forum are still up. Editor says he is not too concerned about it because we are smaller and run by Amazon who I guess now owns part of the internet...if I got that right...to tell you the truth it still seems weird to me.
Quote 0 0
ursulafaw
Trump could take down a White House government site, I don't doubt that. But the important thing is that a lot of petitions are circulated through all kinds of channels that Trump can't touch and those are the petitions that I would trust anyhow, not anything going through the White House.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Agreed ursulafaw.
Quote 0 0
thetrumpimpeachment
Trump shut down the whitehouse.gov petitions site cause he was ignoring them anyway even though after 100K votes he was obliged to respond:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-white-house-petition-site-shutdown-barack-obama-tax-returns-public-appeals-a8119891.html

Since net neutrality has come up in some of the topic threads with respect to this site and the newsletter, a couple comments on that. Neutrality needs to be preserved so small sites like this one can have a fair voice. In our particular case, I think we are protected from the effects of removing net neutrality, since the site and the newsletter are run on technology provided by Amazon Web Services. Amazon is a strong supporter of net neutrality, so I don't believe they will do anything unfair to this site:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/technology/business/fcc-net-neutrality-reactions/index.html

So, we are likely safe if net neutrality is dismantled. However, this won't be the case for all sites on the internet that deserve to have their voices heard. We should all defend net neutrality to support free speech, democracy, and to slow the ever widening gap between the haves and have nots. The net should be provide equal opportunity for all.
Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
Free speech and net neutrality are rights for all, not just the rich.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, True Delta Flight. The "crapper in charge" now has a PAC spending millions for TV ads saying Merry Christmas and thanking Trump for giving us a Merry Christmas - has anyone seen this rot? Turns my stomach....Tom's latest ad is super...too bad they don't run it any more on "Fox & Friends..."
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.