Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Trump is now tweeting against the alleged victim here, Dr. Ford. He asks why this was not reported at the time? He clearly understands nothing about sexual assault survivors, probably because he is a confirmed assaulter himself. Alyssa Milano, actress, entrepreneur and activist involved in the #MeToo movement calls Trump out, stating she was assaulted twice, once in her teens and did not even tell her parents. She actually begins her "call out" with the "F word" - which I normally would think would be offensive but I believe applies to Trump. For those waiting to hear Kavanaugh's story, I also point out he has been caught and it is documented lying under oath already -that is part of the documents the Republicans were hiding from the Democrats and there is plenty of suspicious evidence out there about his lack of moral character. I know we all don't agree and in another scenario I'd wait to hear the accuser's story, but I believe her. Period. It's a big world and we are all entitled to our opinions and to want to hear her whole story before forming an opinion, but I believe she is telling the truth and I hope he does not get in - for this and multiple other reason - like writing that a President should have control with no checks and balances and that a sitting President can not be investigated and/or indicted, tried by a jury, etc. - separate from his views on women's' rights. I think he is a big wolf with a baby face in sheep's clothing (no offense to sheep!)
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I think if there are more victims then right now is a good time to come out. The more victims there are, the greater chance we have in kavenaughs confirmation being canceled completely.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumturd_Now there was a news story in which an investigator suggests there are likely more victims in the Kavanaugh case, but that they also were teenagers at the time, and seeing what Dr. Ford is going through now with the death threats, etc. I am quite sure they are more than reluctant to come forward. Dr. Ford and her Attorneys are dealing with a Republic majority who is forced on pushing through this nomination, in my opinion primarily because Kavanaugh has written that a President has full control over everything and should not be even investigated while in office - and to say they got another conservative Judge on the Supreme Court (though there are plenty with less baggage than Kavanaugh for sure).
Most victims of sexual assault do not come forward, unfortunately.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yeah most don't say anything at all and just live with the disgusting memories the rest of their lives sadly.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
You speak the truth here, Destroy_At_Trumpurd_Now. Most survivors of attempted assault or actual assault go to therapy, etc. and she said nothing when he was a Judge. It was just with this appointment she decided to come forward because he could be the deciding vote - and his stance on women's rights and issues has been poor.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I think she did us all a favor actually I don't know if you see it that way as well.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now I think Dr. Ford did us a favor and Trump trashing her now on Twitter will not be a good look for himself nor for Kavanaugh or the Republicans, so I agree. Dr. Ford is challenging a high ranking well connected white male with a great academic record and in my opinion low morals. The #MeToo movement and many women as well as men are watching.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Hopefully all of this will help.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes Destroy_Trumturd_Now hopefully it will.
Quote 1 0