Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
How can we be surprised when he just keeps stopping lower and lower? Out of all of the right wing anti everything good and fair judge picks "off the list" Trump had - and was allowed to use while under investigation - HE CHOOSES THE ONE WHO HAS WRITTEN THAT IT IS UNCONSITUTIONAL FOR A PRESIDENT TO BE INDICTED OR EVEN INVESTGATED WHILE IN OFFICE BECAUSE "IT WOULD DISTRACT FROM HIS JOB!" This could impact Cohen's, Manafort's, Flynn's, Gate's and of course Trumps court cases...and apparently this judge is against the ACA and is fine with doing away with pre-existing conditions, against Roe v. Wade, immigration and more. DO YOU THINK THAT ALL THE DEMS WILL BAND TOGETHER-EVEN THE RED STATE ONES-AND GET AT LEAST ONE REPUBLICAN ON BOARD - IF MCCAIN STILL CAN NOT VOTE-HE HAS SAID HE WOULD VOTE THIS JUDGE IN - AND END THIS APPOINTMENT-OR NOT? Your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
otmichele
I am sickened by his choice and still keep thinking it can't get worse.  This president will not stop until his cult leaders have ruined our countries for decades to come.  It is a very sad and sorry state we are in.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hear you, otmichele. I as well am sickened by this but this choice for the court is not over just yet. The Democrats are using every tool they have to fight it and they do have some grounds, and there may be a possibility that this time one or more Republicans-if McCain does not vote-he's indicated he'll support Trump's choice if he does...then if the Dems stand together they only need ONE Republican Senator to vote with them and he is not confirmed. I assume then that means that Trump would need to pick another choice - and the Dems are also trying to say this current choice should recuse himself from the Russia and related criminal investigations if he is confirmed, being as Trump and his allies are the subjects. We may not win. But as sad as you, myself and millions of others are we can not give in or give up hope. While Trump does seem to be getting away with everything, remember the MAJORITY voted against him....and I feel he's also lost some supporters along the way and may lose more. The fight is not over yet. I have to believe good wins over evil-even if it takes awhile - and Karma catches up to people...otherwise I would  not get up every morning during this time. I am personally "hanging in the air" re: pre-existing conditions, Medicaid and Medicare cuts to say nothing of the rest. Trump has UN done - but what has he actually DONE? Answer: nothing. But to sow chaos-which is why I truly believe he belongs to Putin and the Kremlin.
Quote 0 0
otmichele
I wholeheartedly agree!!  Something has to give and soon before he truly destroys our democracy.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Another petition protesting Kavanaugh by Tom Steyer's 'NEED TO IMPEACH' .

https://www.needtoimpeach.com/senate-vote-trump-scotus-nomination/?utm_campaign=petition&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_term=scotus-kicker

You also have an opportunity to sign up for a call that connects you to your Senators. They include a script for you if you need a little help. (If the link for that doesn't show, I provided it below).

https://www.needtoimpeach.com/call-vote-against-kavanaugh/

Let me know if these links don't work for you.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the links, droberts. I got them in my email this morning and have signed the petition - my husband and I  - as well as placed the calls. We all need to keep on this - lives as well as democracy is at stake with this horrid Judicial choice.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
otmichele, you know I would love to see both Michael Avenetti and Lanny Davis - we all know who Avenetti is and now Davis is one of Cohen's new (good) lawyers- jump right on this nomination. I don't know what they can do about it but we need all of the fight and resistance we can get. We just can't let this guy get confirmed. Trump has now crossed MY red line for the very last time!
Quote 0 0