Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Again, I should never be shocked but I am - with the state of Texas apparently leading the way, multiple red states-including mine-are suing with the help and blessing of Trump and Jeff Sessions  to undercut yet more parts of Obamacare - so that those with individual insurance will not only see their premiums rise but may not be able to obtain care for any pre-existing conditions-like it was many years ago. The more Democratic states are fighting this and are suing. It sounds like if you have employer insurance you may be ok - and of course if you live in a country with socialized medicine it does not apply-but they are actually trying to pass this through before the mid terms! Naturally the insurance companies and others are protesting it-if it happens, I will lose my own individual insurance for my pre-existing multiple conditions, one of which requires treatment to keep me alive. If anyone has link(s) to this please post. Apparently this has just broken through-Trump wants to get rid of Obamacare more and offer cheap crappy plans which do not cover pre-existing conditions. They make noises about going after Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security too. Is there no end to his repulsiveness? Your thoughts, info.?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby, while members of this forum have never laid eyes on each other, and never will, you can count on the friendship and support of your compatriots here.  We are on your side as you face life's adversities.  Trump's opposition to Obamacare is another example of his sociopathy.  I had lunch with some friends yesterday, men and women, and all of us said we go into rage upon simply seeing Trump on a TV screen.  One reason, of course, is that whatever he is saying is another lie, another distortion, another example of his twisted and ignorant world view.  He is unread, unschooled, and unresponsive to facts.  I never cease being amazed that the United States,  the most industrially-advanced nation in history, has this ignorant buffoon as President.  
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Trump will never learn.

He failed the US and the American people at the G-7 summit in Quebec.

Now he is off to meet with the North Koreans. Can we afford this toddler any longer?
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Docxyz
Ritarudy I am totally all in with what you are expressing here...how can anyone believe that the GOP with T-Rump and his henchpeople will establish affordable health care for everyone or not cut social security and Medicare.  This is a deep, deep evil that is going unchecked.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk

Delta Flight your word "toddler" is a good description of Trump.  His latest child-like act is asking people who he should pardon next, another exhibition of his tasteless grandstanding.  His need is not only to be the center of attention but also to send a message about his power to do one thing or another.  Since pardons do not require approval by Congress he is free to put himself into the headlines by pardoning, or considering a pardon, of some well-known person.  Or by considering a pardon advocated by a celebrity.  While compassion for people who may truly warrant a pardon is one thing, the inequality of it all is disturbing.  A person with no fame, and with no famous person as advocate, will not get the same consideration for pardon by Trump as somebody who will attract headlines, and I think that is why some of his advisers are cringing every time he goes into his pardoning act.  Sick!  Trump is a sicko, a mentally and emotionally immature child-like figure.  The entire world can see his preening, and many are laughing at us for electing him President.  

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, again you took the words right out of my mouth about Trump! And what and why he pardons, who he is - or isn't - etc. Suicide rates are up - coincidence under him? Not to me, but of course we will never know for sure.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks Docxyz, this is a real concern for many. I am close to social security and I want to have all that I have put in while able to work - outside the home and inside the home. Trump campaigned on leaving in pre-existing conditions, on keeping and expanding medicare and Medicaid and keeping social security. If he cuts back any more the only good thing about it is that he will lose what is left of his followers-except the ultra rich and the KKK members....because his supporters (crazy as they may be, still supporting him) need these benefits badly. Sorry-not sorry-need to say this: People who voted for Trump-how did you expect a billionaire to have your interests in mind, who was chanting "Lock Her Up" and trashing other people? Campaign rhetoric? So we see that it is NOT!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
No, DF, we can not afford this Toddler in office any longer. Someone needs to do something NOW!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thank you Ballhawk, how nice of you - re: your last post in particular. I do count everyone here as a friend and am thankful that you appreciate the situation that not only I, but many others-millions are and will be in with health care - and all of the other bad Trump does. I no longer watch when his face comes on the screen - he or Sarah Sanders-I turn the channel then. Gives me an immediate stomach ache. We all need each other now and we need to resist - as we hope and pray!
Quote 0 0
droberts
I think if dumbass'n chief does pass this before midterm election, will be the end for the GOP. The way people were signing up for ACA this year surprised many and shows how much people needed it. This will certainly anger many voters including that two to three million more that voted for Clinton. Trump doesn't get just how many people in this country absolutely hate him and if it's after the midterms, I think it will be the same thing, especially, if there is no new healthcare program in it's place.

Here is one link I could find. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/the-justice-department-abandons-the-aca--and-with-it-the-law/2018/06/08/599fe25a-6b60-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?noredirect=on
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts
More:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/sessions-takes-aim-heart-obamacare-coverage-pre-existing-conditions-n881396

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/on-obamacare-sessions-is-standing-against-the-rule-of-law.html

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-will-not-defend-affordable-care-acts-individual-mandate
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for these links droberts, everyone, this is really important...suggest you read each link. Our lives may depend on some of the way this insanity turns out.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Your last link is also a great one, droberts - I would suggest it as reading. The only thing I do hope is that dumb ass does try to squelch the rest of the healthcare hit already smashed BEFORE the mid terms-than the only people who will vote for him are the highly rich, the KKK members and our only worry than will still be election meddling by Russia and now God knows who else.
Quote 0 0