Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
Two new reports have confirmed it: Trump’s corruption is unparalleled in the history of the presidency.

Here are the facts, according to USA Today and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington: During his first year in office, Trump and White House staff promoted the Trump brand on at least 35 different occasions. At least eleven foreign governments paid Trump-owned companies and at least six foreign government officials visited Trump Organization properties. Political groups spent more than $1.2 million at Trump properties (compared to less than $100,000 in any previous year). And Trump sold $35 million in real estate in 2017, mostly to secretive buyers.

Not only is Trump continuing to profit from his companies -- it’s almost certain that he’s using his position to further enrich himself and his family.

The corruption must end, -- and that will only happen with a thorough impeachment investigation. We must keep up the pressure on Congress.

Our Constitution includes not one but two Emoluments Clauses that specifically prohibit the U.S. president from taking money or gifts, other than his salary, from either foreign countries or the U.S. government and state governments. By taking office without divesting from his business holdings -- and by profiting from the presidency -- Trump is effectively spitting on the Constitution. In fact, last year his company even said that it wouldn’t be “practical” to comply with the Emoluments
Clauses!

**This group has been working with Tom Steyer towards the impeachment of Trump. They ask for donations in a newsletter I get, but I thought you all would be interested in this.

"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for this valuable info droberts. What is the name of the group which has been working with Tom Steyer? I want to see if I'm already on their email list-and for all of us. R
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Oh yes I see it now, Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington.
Quote 0 0
droberts
That's actually Free Speech for People headed by John Bonifaz. The Ethics is one of the sources for information.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks droberts, we just signed up on John's sight as well.
Quote 0 0