Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
FYI-  I'd like to let any of you know that make donations/contributions online that uses ActBlue to make sure that the 'continuing contribution' box is unchecked if you're making a single time donation. I only make donations once in a while, so I don't  ever check that box. I found that sometimes this 3rd party (which my political party uses) pre-checks the box and it will charge you a donation once a month if you don't catch it. It's happened to me twice. I cancelled the first time thinking I must have accidentally checked it. Then it happened again, so I cancelled the connections. If you use PayPal, you can go to your PayPal to check these contributions and cancel any connection for  contributions or go through your ActBlue account.

I'm usually very careful of contributing or paying online for anything. But since I would make some contributions once in a while and I'd check my card statement online, I'd see these thinking they were the ones I just recently made, until there was another one the very next day......NOT!  Never expected the box to be prechecked. Bad practice if they want to be trusted to get your contributions.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0