Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
A friend of mine who is not particularly "political" but is appalled at Trump and his GOP and administration wrote a short but important piece and posted it on her Instagram (she does not have Facebook, nor do I). She mentioned the specific reasons why to vote Democratic in the mid terms-the ones we know will "hit home" for all such as: healthcare, jobs and economy, planned parenthood, the fact that the Republicans are promising to cut benefits for pre-existing conditions, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps and Social Security. *Note here she mentioned nothing about Trump's rhetoric, all the horrid things about him and what he, the GOP and his administration have done, the Mueller probe, etc. She was trying to appeal to the "every person" - where the message here is that if you don't vote Democratic many benefits will be taken away. She left out immigration and gun violence as well. To anyone who has Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, if you have not already it may be a good idea to think about doing this. Shortly after her post she received something like 350 views and there were multiple replies and posts back to her which were positive.

What more can you/we do? Is there anyone you know who can't get to the poles because they are ill or can not drive? Can you offer to drive them? I realize this is not new news or genius here but we are literally talking about saving our democracy. So I urge us all, myself included to stretch a bit and ask ourselves, what more right now can I do? You are all appreciated and valued here. Here's to a Blue Wave!
Quote 2 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I heard Uber is offering free rides to voting areas which is a wonderful idea for those that dont drive nor do they have anybody else to drive them😃me and my Mom and my Sister are still waiting for our ballots to arrive in the mail I hope they arrive soon i'm already getting worried that they wont arrive here on time.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumturd_Now - Should your ballots not arrive in the mail in time to fill them out and get them back in time to be counted for the mid terms you can always vote in person on November 6th or whatever is the voting day in your state, with your ID. If any one of you drive, you can take the others. If necessary get a chair to sit in in case the lines are long. If not, maybe contact Uber and try and get a ride. In most states there are people driving others to the polls to vote, so please check that out. When I mentioned the absentee ballots to you as a convenience, I did not think about how close we are to the election. My mom's came really fast after we requested it. Ask around and somehow get everyone to vote. Literally, our lives could depend upon it. Not to scare you here but we need your votes.Thanks.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I think it is super of Uber to offer to drive people to the polls.
Quote 2 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Or hopefully me and my Mom and sister can go early vote at the end of this month if our ballots don't come in.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Slide 4 of 112: Scott Stantis/Chicago Tribune
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 2 0
Ritaruby
Good one, Delta Flight!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I would always recommend early voting if possible. Especially this year. Again, when I suggested the absentee ballots I assumed you would receive yours like we did my mom's - almost asap honestly. I hear it is difficult for some of your family but we need all of your votes. Please ask for help if you need it from people where you live.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Will do😊
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Great!😃
Quote 1 0