Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Can you believe that this woman is still employed in this white house and that NO apology was publicly issued by the President or any white house member - and so far the only CURRENTLY SERVIN GOP member to condemn it recently has been Lindsay Graham who is McCain's friend...many others outside have condemned it....Bully pulpit runs from the top down I imagine. Your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Amen to that Ritaruby.  Another example of the slime that occupy the White House.  Maladjusted, vindictive people.  The normal response would be a White House apology for a tasteless remark that was insulting to a true American patriot, John McCain.  But not from the Trump White House.  I make no apology for loathing the current American president and all who are associated with him. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yet again, Ballhawk we are thinking the same. I truly believe that the aide/staffer who made the remark about McCain recently should have or should now be fired. Supposedly Sarah H. Sanders gave her some kind of private "talking to about leaks"- Incredible how mean these people are. Still now the only serving Republican to point out how tasteless this all was is Lindsey Graham, McCain's friend. Crickets with the others...Sanders, Biden, I believe even Bush Jr. weighing in and others...I hope it's McCain's vote which sinks Haspel's nomination...if only for this reason. Beyond disgusting and I agree with you on this too: I make no apologies for loathing the current American President and all connected to him...in one of I believe our newsletter's articles there was a mention that we should be tired of hearing we should listen to Trump supporters' views and try to understand them...as the article I read said : Let them listen to US.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This white house will never issue an apology for the remark...Trump or any of the others publicly... because they are "pond scum" - and that's putting it nicely. They should be 1/2 the person John McCain is!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
The White House and president have sank to an all time low in American history. Do they actually think they lead by example?
Laughing stock of the world. IMO
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Delta Flight I doubt that the scumbags in the white house and affiliated with HIM care if they lead by example - as long as they get their big fat paychecks and continue to have their crummy jobs and salaries and fringes off the backs of the American-and other country's- people. They all work for a bully - my belief is you can only work for a bully for so long until you become one. Trump blew up at a few of them again this week according to news reports and yet again they "almost quit." I wish they would ALL quit. ESPECIALLY THEIR "S0-CALLED COMMANDER IN CHIEF!" I'm SO DONE with this group and their dirty criminal deeds.
Quote 0 0
Docxyz
Ritaruby, I second that emotion...Congress is a pseudo country club for people who only make sure that the wealthy retain and grow their wealth at the expense of the majority of citizens.  The wealthy, with rare exception, are increasingly unwilling to share the income earned by the majority who work for them. Unfortunately the existing laws passed by the country club allows them to do it. In the era of "Ike" they were taxed and 90% which was a way of redistributing the wealth earned by the majority and in accelerated economic development for the majority.  The wealthy have seldom on their own done anything for the majority...it has been unions and protests that have created constructive changes such as eliminating child labor ( which is common in  90% of the world) and allow women to vote and much more.  I feel it is a crime again the majority that their are no term limits on Congress.  When so many of them serve for 30 or more years they end up wealthy and the stooges of the wealthy patrons they serve.  We must work hard to change this and insist on term limits....Congress won't do it with out all of us protesting.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Term limits may be one possible solution, but I think the Supreme Court decision in the Citizens United case is a major enabler of the literal purchase of votes in Congress by special interest funding.  Defining a corporation the same as a person for purposes of political contributions has led to creation of methods to circumvent the former limitations on political contributions.  Huge amounts of money are available to spend by interest groups having certain legislative goals, hidden within ghost corporations.  That is particularly true of right-of-center groups and aids those political positions.  I think the first and most effective step to return Congress to a more representative (of ordinary people) body is to elect Democrats to Congress and the White House who, in turn, will appoint justices to the Supreme Court who would favor overturning the Citizens United decision and returning to political contribution limits that prevent excessive centralized control.  Currently the term "of the people, by the people and for the people" is no more than a beloved concept that has been made obsolete, a myth of representation that has been diminished. 
Quote 0 0
Docxyz
Ballhawk, I am agreement with changing the Citizens United decision and think in conjunction with term limits would do much to restore "of the people, by the people, and for the people".
Thanks for your contribution.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Once again, Ballhawk and Docxyz, you have both educated with me and I am in full agreement. We must band together and resist as much as we can always!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree with the term limits, Ballhawk and Docxyz - I think they should have shorter terms in general.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, Power to the People and We The People!
Quote 0 0