Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Do I have any takers here? Or not? What does your Facebook mean to you and why would you or would you not boycott it? I am interested to know. Because I think Mark Zuckerberg is going to try and help Trump win in 2020 and has extensive Russian ties. Thoughts? Links? Do you hate me for asking? Twitter says no political ads which I think is very smart.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I deleted my fb years ago☺
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Glad to hear it, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now. My husband joined briefly to connect with an old friend in another state...then he closed out his account...and with Facebook you can close out your account but you can not unsubscribe...which is totally suspicious and crookery sounding to me. My husband still gets "friend requests" "new friends found for him" and "announcements" from Facebook. They now go in his spam folder. Too bad. I thought when Facebook was begun years ago that for all the good it was being used for, unless severe security precautions were in place evil could enter...and I was right. I never thought that the Founder would be paid off in Russian rubles at one time...or more. 
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Oh that would happen to me too til I had a friend help me delete my account completely. Maybe your Husband needs to have someone that knows more about deleting fb accounts completely that way he wont have that problem anymore otherwise these russians will scam him.
Quote 0 0
cpmty
Some of us can't do that... hospitals, doctors and many other places use facebook and ask clients to use it to get important info. Sorry, I wish I could!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now. I will ask my husband to look into it.
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Do I have any takers here? Or not? What does your Facebook mean to you and why would you or would you not boycott it? I am interested to know. Because I think Mark Zuckerberg is going to try and help Trump win in 2020 and has extensive Russian ties. Thoughts? Links? Do you hate me for asking? Twitter says no political ads which I think is very smart.

Facebook is a social media platform  that attracts millions of users. Just because someone dislikes the CEO is no reason to avoid it totally. All one needs to do is take the good part of it and ignore what you don't like

Facebook serves a useful purpose and has a mass of users.

Another way to explain this is "Don't Use It" if you don't like it!

My Opinion only.

😇😇

Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I respect your opinion of course, Delta Flight. Except that my problem with the CEO is that he is definitely "into" Russian money and is working pretty much exclusively with the Republicans...he helped Trump get elected. It is not merely that I dislike him.

I agree with you that Facebook can serve useful purposes also....and I am not of the mind that we will ever get most people to drop their Facebook usage. I get that there are benefits but it is social media, not television where you can change the channel. I will never use it and the evil that has evolved from it has been all over the news...live streaming assaults, etc. but...

I am sure I am in the minority here and Facebook will continue to be used and to thrive.  We can always agree to disagree it (so far in the USA to a good degree!) and where you live are free countries and I know Facebook is not going away. For people who derive good from it, great for all of you. And I know it has mass users. But Zuckerberg was paid in rubles for ads...I don't need to hear more, though I have. 

Again, you and I - and everyone on this forum - will not always agree with each other.. That does not change our relationships I hope and assume and does not change our ultimate goal of getting Trump out of office. Thanks for giving your opinion on the topic.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
I respect your opinion of course, Delta Flight. Except that my problem with the CEO is that he is definitely "into" Russian money and is working pretty much exclusively with the Republicans...he helped Trump get elected. It is not merely that I dislike him.

I agree with you that Facebook can serve useful purposes also....and I am not of the mind that we will ever get most people to drop their Facebook usage. I get that there are benefits but it is social media, not television where you can change the channel. I will never use it and the evil that has evolved from it has been all over the news...live streaming assaults, etc. but...

I am sure I am in the minority here and Facebook will continue to be used and to thrive.  We can always agree to disagree it (so far in the USA to a good degree!

) and where you live are free countries and I know Facebook is not going away. For people who derive good from it, great for all of you. And I know it has mass users. But Zuckerberg was paid in rubles for ads...I don't need to hear more, though I have. 

Again, you and I - and everyone on this forum - will not always agree with each other.. That does not change our relationships I hope and assume and does not change our ultimate goal of getting Trump out of office. Thanks for giving your opinion on the topic.

As I have posted many times here, We are all Family!  At the end of the day we remain so!

Nothing will stop that!!

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, believe me, I completely understand about your using Facebook for hospitals, doctors and other important places. I was not aware (because I do not have it) that it can and apparently has been used for these purposes. All of my (many- since you may or may not remember I am chronically ill) doctors provide me with a patient portal online which we can communicate through-as well as phone numbers and to my knowledge they do not use Facebook with patients. But if you are using it for any kind of medical or related purpose, as I mentioned I know that it does do good along with the bad...and I am certainly not telling anyone what to do. I just get concerned when the CEO in my opinion has major problems and I feel that the Democrats are being hurt by them. I am not naïve enough to think that mass people will drop Facebook. And again, for medical and related and good purposes if it helps you, I am all for that part of it. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Of course,, Delta Flight, we are definitely family here.😃
Quote 0 0