Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Honesty, I personally avoid the drama.  People still supporting Trump, his Administration and the serving Republicans in my opinion are not good people.  They are knowingly supporting a criminal President. Personally, I don't know how anyone could have voted for him in the first place, but currently still supporting him to me is horrid.

Suggestions from myself-your choices of course - try to stay away from people who still support Trump. They are either mean spirited or heavily brainwashed.

If you need to have contact with them agree not to discuss politics at this time.

Again-and this is my opinion only - nobody needs the drama a potentially heated discussion can create around Trump.

Don't waste energy on him-put that energy into volunteering to do whatever you can for 2020 and deciding which Democratic candidate you want to vote for - and again this is my opinion - electability should be the main choice. Because if you vote for someone on liking them and their views alone, none of that will matter if they can not beat Trump.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
These trump supporters are
Monsters just like him with no
hearts all they care about is
trump ridding immigrants
from here. They dont even care
if trump takes their government
assistance away. Just sad.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree 100% Destroy_Trumpturd_Now.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Its so hard to believe😐
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This is true, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
I agree with Ritaruby, to avoid drama we avoid talking politics. But I do have to say this, please stop talking like the trumpsters do... They may be misguided, misinformed and brainwashed, but, for the most part, they are not "monsters." I did not give birth to "monsters" and they did not give birth to "monsters." I did not grow up with "monsters." And yet here we are, my siblings, my children, and my grandchildren... none of them appear to have a problem with trump. My sister will defend him till her dying breath, my brother probably would too. Why? Beats the hell out of me. We were raised and my children were raised to be honest and respect honesty,  to stand up for our own rights and respect the rights of others. We were not raised to be prejudiced in any way shape or form. Yet I have siblings who are some of the most prejudiced people I know. And apparently my children aren't prejudiced, they just don't want those people coming here????????? It makes my blood boil, but they are not "monsters".
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
You are right and I didn't think about 
Democrats with trump supporting
family members and the unconditional
love they have for their family. I'm 
so sorry if I offended you. I do hope
your family members that support
trump will one day change their minds
and understand the danger they too are
facing supporting that person.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
This is just another example of how trump and his cult are dividing this country. Thank goodness my children haven't lowered themselves (that I'm aware of) to the level of those we see on TV attacking people because of their color, or religion, or who they love. 
I was not so much offended as I was sad that we are beginning to act like trump and his followers. Some of the things I absolutely abhor about him is the way he acts like an eight-year-old, calling names and making nasty comments about people who don't bow down to him. And no matter how many calls to our representatives, no matter how many petitions, or protests... nothing seems to change. Well, he's finally impeached, but the trial in the Senate???? Why should Pelosi send the articles to them? Moscow Mitch has already said he's working WITH trump and is going to make it go away. Just sad and depressing.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Just know that bad things don't last forever
and the time MUST come for trump to
be done with😐God cannot be cruel to
keep that horrible excuse for a human
as potus forever.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now- Trump should be out of office.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud, in response to your first post, I hear you, understand and agree about the labeling and the name calling. I think what is most frustrating is that even people who are normal or good are supporting Trump. The big deal is that they are supporting a criminal President who will, if elected take away the Democracy as we have all known it. I have labeled too, mostly in my head but again it is even more difficult for me to reconcile that people who are normal and good would support Trump as compared to his "core racist base".  As I posted and as you mention if differences, best not to engage but do the work we need to do to get Trump out. Everyone is entitled to their own vote but the other issue I have is that it's obvious that this will not be a free and fair election. Trump has openly said he will take any foreign help, cheat, lie and "do whatever I need to do to win". The serving Republicans have accepted this stance. Under any other Republican President such as in the past I would have no issue. I hope this does not sound offensive-if so, I apologize, but I am glad no one in my family is a Trump supporter. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
to your other post, dfcloud, I agree with you. As we all know Michelle Obama said "when they go low, we go high." Except that in this case those in question are beyond low. They are, simply stated: criminals. As to "Moscow Mitch", Barr and the others, especially Mitch I believe they are as bad as Trump. I do agree that we should be the party of democracy and decency and not name call. But with what is going on and Trump literally being "Teflon Don" - nothing sticking to him and zero accountability until the impeachment which we all know will not resolve in his being removed from office, it is difficult not to vent with name calling at times on the forum. I know we have on this forum but I agree-we should not stoop to that level with others. The frustration level you express is amplified I feel safe in saying by everyone on this forum.I know this goes back to your prior post but I am happy that your children have not lowered themselves to behaving like Trump. I think though that any labeling you see people venting here is due to the fact that our democracy is quite literally at stake. I doubt people like your children see it this way but this is a fact. The forum is a place of free speech here as long as there are no threats to Trump or his cronies or supporters or admin or to another member. But it is also a place to vent. I am assuming that people who use the word "monsters" of Trump voters on the forum do not go out and call Trump voters monsters. Again, myself I stay away. I realize that is not possible for you and I respect that.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hope I have not been offensive, dfcloud. If I sounded that way, my apologies.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
It's just that the name calling - which is really venting - of Trump supporters on this forum is free speech.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud, I hope you will read Destroy_Trumpturd_Now's post. I agree but please key in our her mention that Trump is (a clear and present) danger to our country. 
Quote 0 0