Monday, December 2, 2019
Delta Flight
Not if they are smart!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
dfcloud
If the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise he'll be in a prison cell by the end of the year.
Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
dfcloud wrote:
If the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise he'll be in a prison cell by the end of the year.

We also have midterms in November and Mueller and only two trump lawyers now. We may win.!
Quote 0 0
droberts
I don't know if Americans will. I didn't think they were that stupid and gullible for the 2016 election either, but look what happened. 

You can bet the Russians will try to interfere again. Sometimes I think the sanctions Trump has enacted against the Russians is all show to us citizens to cover-up the truth. It's a game with him and Putin and they had advanced planning for it. Trump has to make a show of it to make the American people think he's on their side, when in reality, he's in Putin's back pocket. Putin fakes anger and fires a missal to try to intimidate us and on it goes!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 3 0
droberts
I do think Americans will need to be very careful where they get their election/candidate information from for the 2018 and, especially, the 2020 elections. There really is fake news out there, but it's the Russians and the extreme right that are up to their eyeballs in producing it. Be discerning.  I would only get mine from reputable sources. Local channels and newspapers (yes they still have those and my husband always has a subscription). They are probably the most reliable. Definitely not FOX NEWS, it's akin to a gossip tabloid(probably why Trump likes it) and we know how many lies and made up stories there are in those. I would completely ignore any ads on Facebook. I don't care how much Zuckerberg tries to fix it, I'll never trust it.

Also, just FYI because it has happened to me and a few others, watch out for SATIRE, especially online articles. If you don't notice that it says Satire on it, you may think it's real. I got a red face for reading one that I failed to notice it was "SATIRE" and a very nice and discreet forum member messaged me to let me know. Now I learned from my mistake, just thought I'd pass that bit of embarrassingly earned wisdom along.

"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I suggest reading the New York Times, Washington Post online (as I do every day), along with The New Yorker and Atlantic magazine, all relatively liberal but reliable as to fact-based reporting.  Among print media there is a spectrum ranging from conservative to liberal, all aimed at particular "markets" of readers with pre-existing tendencies one way or the other.  Our nation has too many citizens who adhere to their culturally-derived biases without examining alternative ways of thinking about politics.  FOX NEWS is a disgrace, as I think most on this site would agree.  Another problem we have in the USA is low voter turnout, as only about 55% of eligible voters participated in the 2016 general election.  Democracy is hindered if it has uninformed citizens and low voter turnout.  France, in contrast, had about 70% turnout in its most recent election. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Wellcome to the forum Ballhawk. Agreed about the news sources and the low voter turnout, as well as the disgusting Fox News.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I do NOT think that Trump could ever be voted in again...but then again, hacking and Russian help and dirty tricks and lies worked so well before...I think people are smarter now and some of his "misdeeds" have hurt his shrinking base...plus the Left is much more energized now!
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
Opinion.  Will we stop Trump before it is too late?

A good read.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/opinion-will-we-stop-trump-before-it%e2%80%99s-too-late/ar-AAvEonc
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
This is a great read and a great link Delta Flight...Hopefully we WILL stop Trump before it is too late...there is an enormous amount of energy on the left now..
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
FBI just raided Cohen's office.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/politics/michael-cohen-fbi/index.html
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
OMG Delta Flight...you  picked up on this one before I even saw it-great job! I AM THRILLED TO HEAR THIS! GO MUELLER! COHEN YOU ARE GOING DOWN WITH YOUR BUDDY TRUMP...WHETHER OR NOT HE MAKES YOU THE FALL GUY!
Quote 1 0
bart
Ballhawk wrote:
"Democracy is hindered if it has uninformed citizens..."

Well. Ballhawk, that is WHY the Republican party is so anti-education.
As Donnie John said:“I love the poorly educated.”  And so he nominates Betsy DeVos to destroy our public schools.

Rick Santorum called colleges and universities “indoctrination mills” for godless liberalism.

This is how they attempt to maintain and grow their base.
Quote 0 0
bart
Ritaruby wrote:
"Hacking and Russian help and dirty tricks and lies worked so well before."

Well, the electoral college was not exactly blameless, as Clinton won the popular vote by almost 3 million votes.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Bart, agreed, the electoral college was for sure not blameless in Trump's win, it did play a significant part...although...and as pretty much everyone who posts on this forum knows about my personal beliefs-I believe Russia and WikiLeaks and those types of companies and people had more to do with it...how much either way, we may or may not know. I do hope that if the Dems take over the House and the Senate and/or a Democratic or even moderate Republican who is a good one (yes, very few, very few, but some) takes over that one of the first things they do is to abolish the electoral college which I've always seen as unfair and would make all future elections more fair. So point well taken.
Quote 1 0