Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Thoughts? Links?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Thoughts? Links?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/cohen-claims-trump-knew-of-2016-trump-tower-meeting-ahead-of-time-report/ar-BBL7329
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks Delta Flight.
Quote 0 0
droberts
What bothers me, is the news keeps reporting this as Cohen says. His lawyer stated it wasn't them. Well, only Trump team is left. So someone is lying or it is a setup to try to discredit Cohen. Trump and his minions has the most to gain from discrediting Cohen.  If it works. If Cohen, he could have made things more difficult with Mueller and possibly jeopardized some of Mueller's investigative information,  unless Mueller already knows and has other evidence. What a freekin game they all play to coverup the truth and try to save their own worthless hides. And the news media too, spreading Cohen's so called statement from coast to coast without corroboration. Making their own story? This is serious shit and any information such as this shouldn't be passed around just to get some top story. 
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts
Plus, Cohen is being investigated by the NY S Dist., not even Mueller's investigation. Cohen would be making any deal through the NY Southern District. Something stinks and it's not going to help anything if disinformation is being spread.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, I totally agree. Not only does something stink it reeks here. But what else is new in Trump country? I do honestly believe though that Cohen-and not the Prosecutors/Mueller has that Allen Wesiselberg (sp?) who ran all of the financials for Trump since way back. I think more harm will now come to Trump than to Cohen here - not that Cohen is by any means innocent - but hiring Lanny Davis and the other man (if he is still with Cohen), switching law teams I think was brilliant...and now Cohen is I'm sure bound for revenge. We'll be watching this real life saga play out as we do all the others...but I am hoping that the finances, if nothing else (like we know Mueller's report will be damming on Trump-but the jerks currently serving in the GOP won't do a damn thing about it) will be what brings Trump down. They say that's what brought down Al Capone, not the murders but the finances. Misinformation is the "game" and plan of Moscow/Kremlin/Russia and Trump is spouting it...so now it is being played, in my opinion on Michael Cohen.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
What bugs me is that everything moves so slowly.  For example, we read that NY is investigating the Trump Foundation and all the improper distributions from it.  That Foundation, along with Trump, have been doing that crap for several years.  And they just now proposing to make some kind of case?  That damned Foundation should already have been called on the carpet and  held accountable in a Court of law, with people charged!
Hell will freeze over before all these ponderous investigations get finished. 
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Trump will not need to answer questions!   ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, I totally understand where you are here and what you are feeling. Many days since the election I have felt a combination of rage, anger, fear, frustration - with Trump and all around and associated with him and also the fact that the investigations (now plural) are still continuing. The one in the Senate found that Russia interfered to sow discourse in our 2016 election and to help Trump and hurt Clinton. The Mueller investigation kind of has to go slow, though for an investigation of this magnitude they say it is going quite fast. He is supposed to either wrap up or pause during the midterm elections (not my good idea but...). As to the investigations into the Trump Foundation, yes, all of this should have come to light years ago - Trump has been working with the Russians for many years obtaining borrowed money-his father, Fred had a business partner (Fred was like Trump too-probably taught him) who was definitively linked to the Gambino mafia crime family/syndicate.  My personal belief is that the NRA, Facebook and the right wing organizations have been helping Trump and asking for what they want back from him - but it was never caught because they claim Trump is a great dodger (which I can see) of the courts-until Mueller has come along. My own belief is that this was all "under wraps" and yes, the Republican party may have been involved some before but no other President (and I use the term loosely) has given Putin and other dictators-especially Putin-the "golden key to the USA" - so now everything is showing up. And Trump has always hid his tax returns-but they say now Mueller has them and/or the SDNY,especially with his long time financer Weiselberg now caught. It is difficult to be patient, but even with the hacking I think we can have a blue wave.
Also with Trump and these Republicans especially-Nixon's was easier-they have to make sure the dot every "I" and cross every "t" with paper and recordings to be viewed as credible. Karma, my friend.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed, Delta Flight, Trump will not need to answer any questions maybe directly to Mueller...but probably to others. I assume you are implying they will get him without help/his testifying?
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Or was that a joke with the smiley faces?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Agreed, Delta Flight, Trump will not need to answer any questions maybe directly to Mueller...but probably to others. I assume you are implying they will get him without help/his testifying?

Yes, and Trump will not survive!😋
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I agree with all you say Ritaruby, but the longer it takes for all the investigations to bring concrete results against Trump and/or his associates the more the public will become skeptical.  Meanwhile the Trump people including Giuliani are on TV making comments prejudicial to the justification for Mueller and other investigations, crap not believed by astute observers but very likely to be believed by the naive elements of the public including the brain-dead Trump "base."  I realize Mueller has already done over 30 indictments, gotten about 5 guilty pleas, and that Manafort is in jail and Cohen is singing a tune.  I also realize that prior special counsel type investigations lasted for years while Mueller's has been going for ballpark one year.  Still, we need to start seeing more substantive and meaningful outcomes from the legal systems and investigations that are in place.  If we do not get some bombshell developments this Summer or early Fall, the public skepticism about the investigations will get worse.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you about the public skepticism Ballhawk. recent polls (sorry if this shows up bolded-I don't know how to turn it off now) show that confidence in Mueller is lessening and you can be sure that Rudy the G-Jerk is doing all he can as is Trump and the right to get messaging out that all of the investigations are invalid. Going after Michael Cohen now, he's hired that Bill Shine for Communications from Fox - and unfortunately that is what Trump is good at (the only thing in my opinion) is playing to his base and also to trying to divert and lessen the impact of his multiple entanglements...especially now that it looks like they have or will get his finances and tax returns, per MSNBC and CNN. However-and this is a big however-polls show that the majority of all voters believed Russia interfered in our elections and is a "bad actor" and that Trump is too attached to Putin. I believe that the people who will tire first and most about the multiple reports will be the far right and the Trump supporters. We others-though it seems as if it will never end-will keep the faith. Like Michael Avenetti keeps saying, if Cohen for instance wanted to work with Prosecutors (if he is not already) he could have just given the info. he has to the FBI and Trump...not sure why all the publicity-in Avenetti's cases though I DO think it is helping not hurting.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
yes, Delta Flight, let's hope that Trump does not survive whether he testifies or not!
Quote 0 0