droberts
FYI:

Starts about 10 am EST.

I'm sure any cable news station will have it MSNBC, CNN, etc. and some of your main local stations. Even YouTube tends to stream these type of hearings.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts
Sorry, started at 9:30 am EST!
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I have been watching this hearing....they just took a commercial break....very interesting, I think. I see pros and cons about him...but as one commentator on MSNBC said...we pretty much have not choice now...tough to see what he would do under Trump...if he gives in to Trump we have a big problem...and if he stands firm in the law...he may be fired or resign....but for now overall I think he's about the best we are going to get.
Quote 0 0
droberts
He also stated that he is retired and was looking forward to spending time with his family, but is accepting the position as a sense of duty. More or less if Trump tried to bully him into something he would tell him no and the way I took it, Trump would have to fire him to get rid of him, since he's not worried about any future positions.

He's a better choice than Sessions was for sure, and way more qualified than Whitaker(still say Whitaker's a skinhead)

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts, on all accounts. It does concern me though that Barr said he could envision circumstances where journalists could be jailed.  I also still have concerns about him with Trump...but of course, let's face it, this job he's applying for is a big "hornet's nest" any way you look at it...if he goes along with Trump, that would be horrible and he could possibly find himself in the middle of criminal actions...if he does not go along with Trump, Trump will decide he hates him and either fire him or he's resign in disgust. I did like what I heard about him agreeing to not interfere with Muller's investigation...but am not sure I heard him-unless I missed this part-agree to support the other prosecutors' investigations of Trump, his family, his businesses and his cohorts - the ones in SDNY, VA and DC. I would agree that he's a better choice than Sessions (as with Trump, the bar can't be lower!) but the one good thing Sessions did was to recuse himself...Barr did not commit to that-said he'd consult with the ethics division and then make his own choice, if I heard that right. I agree about Whittaker - totally useless, racist-and I'm sure s skinhead too. But as you mention, overall right now he's the best choice I think we can hope to find. Hopefully he can handle Trump and his tantrums and impulsive decisions. I'm sure he will be confirmed.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Typo-meant "he'd" not "he's" whoops...didn't correct it.
Quote 0 0
droberts
I'm sure he'll be confirmed too, no other choice. The Dems can't stop it. Just hope for the best. He is good friends with Mueller though, so maybe.....

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed again, droberts. I like that he is good friends with Mueller also and respects him and knows him well. Did not hear him trash talk anyone or get in their face like Kavanaugh so that's a good sign...seems like he is for the stupid border wall, but as you say, we really have no choice. I believe the Repugs have all the votes and he's better than a person stolen from Fox News...like the pretty young woman who took Nikki Haley's place....we can only hope for the best, it's true.
Quote 0 0
cpmty
Hhe is a friend of Miueller? Oh my G. hummm I just can't believe things how are they are happening and going..Hopefully investigaros and Mueller are honest and truly with honor and decency. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty….I do believe that the Investigators and Mueller are honest and truly have honor and decency. The fact that Barr knows and perhaps was/is friends with Mueller should not concern us, I don't think....it could actually be an advantage.
Quote 1 0
cpmty
Ritaruby wrote:
cpmty….I do believe that the Investigators and Mueller are honest and truly have honor and decency. The fact that Barr knows and perhaps was/is friends with Mueller should not concern us, I don't think....it could actually be an advantage.
. <<<< I hope you are right. !!! for the good of America!!!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, I hope I'm right about this also....for the good of America!
Quote 0 0