Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I'm very sorry for what I'm about to say but I'm going to say this for the fact that I get Government help first of all, I think the Democrats should have an emergency plan to aide people that rely on foodstamps and Social security that will let us stay with our benefits rather then waiting and waiting and waiting for trump or mcconnell to open the Country meanwhile letting poor people starve and die. Now I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm blaming the Democrats but it really angers and hurts me that there is no back up plan to help poor people get what they really need in this shut down, I believe its just as ridiculous as this shutdown. I think they should act right now rather then making some laughs from everyone for the way trump does act like a baby for not getting his wall. So I believe that as absurd as it is, I believe that the Democrats should just give trump his wall because we don't deserve to be punished by no longer getting food, thats even MORE absurd. I personally don't want to give this monster the satisfaction of letting all of us die in this Country just because he doesn't have his stupid wall. NO WAY. Petitions for trump and mcconnel to open the government isn't helping. They are going to stick with the government shutdown til trump gets the wall THEY DONT CARE if people will die from this and thats whats really getting to me. The Democrats should STOP playing with this dangerous Man and give him what he requests. A person that holds another person/people hostage alot of times request stuff from the cops and they usually get it in order to spare someones life/lives. This is basically what trump is doing with us and the Democrats MUST give just so that we do-not-die. Please forgive me I'm just very hurt by this.
Quote 1 1
Delta Flight
I'm very sorry for what I'm about to say but I'm going to say this for the fact that I get Government help first of all, I think the Democrats should have an emergency plan to aide people that rely on foodstamps and Social security that will let us stay with our benefits rather then waiting and waiting and waiting for trump or mcconnell to open the Country meanwhile letting poor people starve and die. Now I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm blaming the Democrats but it really angers and hurts me that there is no back up plan to help poor people get what they really need in this shut down, I believe its just as ridiculous as this shutdown. I think they should act right now rather then making some laughs from everyone for the way trump does act like a baby for not getting his wall. So I believe that as absurd as it is, I believe that the Democrats should just give trump his wall because we don't deserve to be punished by no longer getting food, thats even MORE absurd. I personally don't want to give this monster the satisfaction of letting all of us die in this Country just because he doesn't have his stupid wall. NO WAY. Petitions for trump and mcconnel to open the government isn't helping. They are going to stick with the government shutdown til trump gets the wall THEY DONT CARE if people will die from this and thats whats really getting to me. The Democrats should STOP playing with this dangerous Man and give him what he requests. A person that holds another person/people hostage alot of times request stuff from the cops and they usually get it in order to spare someones life/lives. This is basically what trump is doing with us and the Democrats MUST give just so that we do-not-die. Please forgive me I'm just very hurt by this.

Never feel alone!!
You never need to feel a post like yours is not taken to heart here.  We are a family so we always stand together.
To give trump money for a wall is like feeding a psychopath. Sorry. but my personal feelings only..

Are there no support groups in your area that can help?  Food banks, kitchens etc.?
So lets get a government that cares.

Democrats and republicans need to agree to end this shutdown NOW and agree to talk like adults for a change.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I suppose but we have to remember that food banks, pantries, etc.., are ran through the government meaning those will be taken away as well😐
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
I suppose but we have to remember that food banks, pantries, etc.., are ran through the government meaning those will be taken away as well😐

Church groups, family, friends and neighbors can also help.
Quote 1 0
droberts

Not all are government run/supported. Try FEEDING AMERICA

https://www.feedingamerica.org

Dont know what state you live in, but you can enter your zip code to find a food bank, food pantry, etc., near you. Follow the links and it should show you some in your area.

Try doing a search online in your area too, many are locally run or even state supported.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Oh ok! I'll do that but I heard in the news online that many food inspectors are resigning due to not getting paid and because of thar the food in the stores are going to go bad. Not just meat but vegrables, fruits, canned foods are going to expire and I dont know whats going to happen after that but its really something to fear.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Oh ok! I'll do that but I heard in the news online that many food inspectors are resigning due to not getting paid and because of thar the food in the stores are going to go bad. Not just meat but vegrables, fruits, canned foods are going to expire and I dont know whats going to happen after that but its really something to fear.

Have no fear of that happening.  Remember that they also need to eat!
Quote 0 0
droberts
Grocery stores pull any foods that have expired themselves or most do, customers wont buy. I would think any big chain store would keep an eye out since expired goods take up needed space. You can check most canned goods, bagged and boxed items for expiration dates too before you purchase.

Produce and meats are inspected before they hit the stores but they have expiration dates too. Use sight, smell and on produce, feeling items for too much softness helps too and wash well before using.

To get through the shutdown if it becomes necessary, I would stick with some frozen foods,  frozen meats, frozen veggies, or canned if necessary. You can get some canned meats like chicken or even tuna fish if you dont trust the fresh. Remember our country usually over produces food, just use a little caution when shopping. I dont think it's to that point yet.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
droberts
Some inspections are resuming.

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/health/shutdown-fda-food-safety.amp.html?usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
Quote 0 0
cpmty
.  <<<<< ARE YOU KKIDDING, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL PAY FOR THIS NON-SENSE WALL THAT IS NOT GOING TO WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE?? SEVERAL BILLON DOLLARS WILL BE USE (taken from you and many others poor people ) IN OTHER THINGS MORE NECESSARY.... TRUMP IS BLACKMAIL THE COUNTRY YOU AND THE REST OF US... AND THAT IS A DISGRACE...AND AN EVIL VINDICTIVE CRUEL ACT!! NO, GIVING UP WITH OUT CONSIDERING OTHER BETTER WAYS TO STOP THE PROBLEMS WITH IS WHAT DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO DO...AND YOU THINK IS THEIR FAULT?  THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING, SOMEONE HAS TIO APPROVE IT, AND THAT PERSON IS A REPUBLICAN... AND REFUSES TO DO IT.... IT IS TRUMP AND ONLY TRUMP AND HIS ADMINISTRATION ... AND I AM TELLING YOU A MASIVE  OR THOUSANDS COMPLAINS AND SUES SHOULD FOLLOW THEM. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE, ANT TRUMP KNOWS IT ... STILL HIS EGO AND SELFISHNESS AND OBSESSION IS HIS method, just blackmailing the whole country and blaming others.
Quote 0 0
cpmty
droberts wrote:

Not all are government run/supported. Try FEEDING AMERICA

https://www.feedingamerica.org

Dont know what state you live in, but you can enter your zip code to find a food bank, food pantry, etc., near you. Follow the links and it should show you some in your area.

Try doing a search online in your area too, many are locally run or even state supported.
. <<<< yes this is a very good idea but is more tan food... expenses, rent electricity, phone, and... many other things. is not just food.. and she is blaming the democrats that had nothing to do with the approval of and have the government to open again... IT IS A REPUBLICAN THE ONE WHO HAS TO SIGN AND APROVE THE OPENING, NO THE DEMOCRATS which by the way, if it was their choice, they would already  had opened the first week the governement  was close. 
Quote 0 0
droberts
cpmty wrote:
. <<<< yes this is a very good idea but is more tan food... expenses, rent electricity, phone, and... many other things. is not just food.. and she is blaming the democrats that had nothing to do with the approval of and have the government to open again... IT IS A REPUBLICAN THE ONE WHO HAS TO SIGN AND APROVE THE OPENING, NO THE DEMOCRATS which by the way, if it was their choice, they would already  had opened the first week the governement  was close. 

Believe me I know its the Republicans, Mitch McConnell to be exact. If he allowed the Senate to vote on the House Bills to open the government while negotiating the border security, they would pass it as they did before Trumps tantrum. Then if Trump vetoed it, Congress could over-ride that veto and open the government and I think they would have the votes to do it, especially if McConnell pushed it in the Senate.

I was giving information to help. That's what we do on this forum, not tear each other down. We are all stressed out, but still need to respect each others opinions.
Quote 1 0
droberts
Destroy you can try a program run by United Way too:

211.org
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now

Have no fear of that happening.  Remember that they also need to eat!

Yeah thats true
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
droberts wrote:
Grocery stores pull any foods that have expired themselves or most do, customers wont buy. I would think any big chain store would keep an eye out since expired goods take up needed space. You can check most canned goods, bagged and boxed items for expiration dates too before you purchase.

Produce and meats are inspected before they hit the stores but they have expiration dates too. Use sight, smell and on produce, feeling items for too much softness helps too and wash well before using.

To get through the shutdown if it becomes necessary, I would stick with some frozen foods,  frozen meats, frozen veggies, or canned if necessary. You can get some canned meats like chicken or even tuna fish if you dont trust the fresh. Remember our country usually over produces food, just use a little caution when shopping. I dont think it's to that point yet.

I will do that, thank you☺
Quote 0 0